7⏩

"By convention hot, by convention cold, by convention color, but in reality atoms and void." —DEMOCRITUS

Jane walked into the house and headed for the living room where she found Hayley, Rebekah, Serena and her mom and so many other people standing there

She stood there, shocked, and then she turned around and went to walk away, saying, "Sorry, must have the wrong house."

At once, Serena and Rebekah gently grabbed her arms and pulled her back carefully, saying, "Nope, you have to stay and and enjoy yourself. This is for you and baby." Serena said with a smile, and Rebekah wrapped her arms around her big stomach, saying, "It was all your mom's idea and plus Klaus is here so if he has to suffer through this then so do you." She smiled.

"All right, I'll stay." Jane said, with a smile.

"So, Klaus and you are having a baby?" Serena asked

"Yup, a boy. I'm so excited." Jane answered.

"Is he treating you good cause I could torture him for you?" Serena asked as I chuckled.

"Oh, Serena, he's been good to me." Jane replies.

"Good." She said.

"Alright, everyone it's time for Jane to open her gifts." My mother said.

"Oh no." Jane said, pouting.

Everyone laughed, and Jane stood as everyone bombard her with gifts

Everyone laughed, and Jane stood as everyone bombard her with gifts. Mostly, they just got the baby clothes, and some toys that babies usually play with, and even a crib and a diaper changing system.

Jane opened them all, and she and her mother cooed over every one of them.

"Thank you everyone for your gifts and being here to celebrate our son but it's getting late and Jane needs her beauty sleep." Klaus said, appearing next to Jane.

Jane looked at him and rolled her eyes.

"Thank you all for coming and I have to go put Klaus down for his nap. He gets cranky when he has to be nice for too long." Jane said as she grabbed her purse from Serena.

Klaus scoffed and grabbed her hand.

"Bye, everyone!" Jane said, smiling as Klaus lead her out of the house.

— — —

"Klaus, leave me alone." Jane said as she stood in the nursery, trying to put the clothes that she received from the baby shower into the closet.

"Jane, you can do this in the morning. You need to go to bed." Klaus said, sternly.

"You're not my dad." Jane said.

"You're so immature." Klaus said.

"I'm nesting you, idiot." Jane said.

"Oh no, you don't get to use that excuse." He said.

"Maybe, I should run away." Jane muttered as she closed the closet's door.

Klaus glared at the back of her head.

"If you even think about running away with my child, Jane, I will be forced to lock you up in this house." Klaus said.

Jane groaned.

"Stupid hearing." Jane said as she walked out of the nursery with Klaus closely behind her.

"Where are you going?" Klaus asked.

"To bed, Your Majesty." Jane answered.

"About time." Klaus said.

Jane walked into her room and slammed the door in Klaus' face and climbed into her bed.

"I hate him so much." She said as she rubbed her belly.

Finally, around 4 in the morning, she drifted off into a peaceful, deep sleep with no dreams at all.