3⏩

~Two days later

"Ugh..."

My head was pounding worse then ever, my throat was dry and my nausea had returned at full force. When my eyes flickered open, there was one light, in the corner of the room, and even that was enough to burn my eyes and make them roll back into my skull.

"Ugh..." I repeated, forcing through the fog and haze of my brain to try and figure out where I was, why I was there and, more importantly, how I got out.

Suddenly, my eyes shot open. My body jarred and I sat bolt right up, breathing heavily like I was getting ready to run, my hands clenched over the covers. They'd drugged me, they'd drugged me!

As I got over the initial anger over it, I forced myself to think calmly and rationally but, I have to admit, it wasn't easy. Why in the Gods name had they drugged me? Where had they taken me? Esther had said something about making the right decisions for everybody...

"I see you're awake."

I didn't flinch away from the voice, the voice I knew so well, because I had been replaying it over and over in my mind for two days now. I stayed, looking at the wall opposite me in the gloom, and the only movement I made was to wrap the covers more firmly around me.

Klaus's laughter was dark.

"Come now, don't be shy."

I crossed my arms over my chest and kept my head facing forward.

"What am I doing here?" I finally demanded.

"Where's Esther?"

I heard the sound of a book slam shut and Klaus stretched his legs as he stood up from the wooden chair.

"God, I've been waiting a long time for you to wake up." He told me instead, approaching me.

"Where is Esther? What did she do to me?" I repeated firmly, determinately not staring at him.

Suddenly, a cold hand was clutching my face and Klaus turned my face towards him. He was very near to me.

"Why do you wish to keep my child from me?" He hissed in my face.

I glared at him, right into his eyes.

"It's my child too." I reminded him. "And I had no wish to see it harmed through your impulsiveness and power-hungry attitude."

"That was not your decision to make!" He roared suddenly in my face.

I don't know the exact moment my power came to me. I felt it snap in my stomach, felt it boil and simmer through my veins, felt it take hold of my body once more and release in its rightful place.

"It was." I shouted at him and flung my hands out, forcing a gust of wind to come to my aid. He was pulled off of me in an instant, and his face showed utter shock as the wind took hold of him and tossed him across the room. He was eventually pinned to the wall and made to stay there as I staggered out of the bed, approaching him on weak limbs.

"Now, you listen, and you listen well." I didn't want to come too close to him because my power might not have returned to full strength and he might still get free. "It is not your decision about where the child— the child that resides in my body, might I add— goes or whether or not it has your influence. I knew for a fact that there was only so many mistakes you could live with before you snapped. Your temper is legendary. And I couldn't have me, my family or my baby hurt."