1⏩

XIOMARA VILLANUEVA walks into her daughter's bedroom and finds her beautiful daughter leaning over the toilet for the second time that day and for the fifth time this week. She has not been able to keep anything down. Jane told her first few times this happened it was just a bug but this has been happening for two weeks.

"Sweetie, I don't think this is a bug anymore." She said.

Jane wiping her mouth off and leaning against the tub some of her hair is stuck to her forehead from sweat and she's weak.

"Maybe it's time to try having your blood to heal me." She said.

Xiomara kneels down next to her and bites her wrist. "Here you go my darling." She said.

Jane drinks the blood and leans into her mother's side "Feel better?" She asked.

Jane nods she is exhausted but she's even more tired and is now vomiting everyday sometimes even twice a day. " Little bit." She said.

Xiomara carries her to her bed.

"I'll come check on you later. I have to go to the shop to check on things." Xiomara said.

"Okay." Jane said closing her eyes.

~oOo~

|Two Days Later|

I woke up sick. My stomach just twisted in a weird way and I ran to the bathroom. When I was done I felt dizzy. What was wrong with me?

"Honey, Jane, are you okay?" My mom asked.

"I'm fine. I think I'm sick." I replied.

She put her hands on my face. "You're not hot but you threw up?" She said.

I nodded. Mom looked deep in thought. I was hungry so I went to the kitchen to look for food. I was craving something but I didn't know what. I looked around until I found some green apples. I took one out and started to eat it. I usual didn't like them but they were what I wanted.

"Jane, have you been out with any boys lately? The past week or two?" She asked.

"No." I replied. What was this about? I hadn't been out in a while. I don't go out.

"Has any boys came over here?" She asked as she leaned over towards me.

"Mom I don't know any guys? I don't go out." I snapped.

She frowned and sat back in the chair. She asked me if I would take a pregnancy test.

"What? Why?" I askes.

"You might be pregnant." Mom said.

"Pregnant—how? I'm a virgin!" I yelled.

"Just take it." Mom pleaded.

"Nope, we're going to the hospital so it can be more accurate." I said.

"Even better." She said.

"I want some ice cream now." I replied getting up and walking in to the kitchen.