Chapter 37 - Finding You

It's 1:52 a.m. and I'm standing on the edge of Clearview Park awaiting any suspicious activity. My nerves are on high alert as I scan the area carefully awaiting their arrival. I'm about to meet the real Damien Payne and the sheer thought of that terrifies me. Nothing has been released to us about why he wants me, or what's going to go down tonight. Everything is going to based off of sheer improvisation. Jackson alerted me that they will be tracking my location through my phone, and him and his crew will be there once they are sure of the exact spot of where I am being held. 

My thoughts are whirring, but I'm soon snapped out of them when an eerie feeling fills the air.  The hair on the back of my neck stands up and goose-bumps erupt over my arms; they're here, and all I can do is wait. It's a funny feeling, putting yourself in danger. Similar to when you're about to do something you know you shouldn't be doing, like going to a party and getting wasted beyond belief, sneaking out with a boy, or just being downright stupid. We know we probably shouldn't do it, but something deep down inside us, the part that lives off the thrill of the adrenaline that courses through our veins, pushes us to anyways. And that's the only part of me that is keeping me sane right now as I feel a sharp pain in the side of my neck

My mind is screaming at me, "RUN Ryan! Get out of here!" but I have to do this, everyone is counting on me, so I shut those thoughts down. 

The trees around me start to blur as I reach up and pull the dart out of my neck. Not shortly after my legs start to tingle and I crash to the ground. 

"She's down, get her in the truck." The voices are shouting and a bag is slipped over my head. 

I'm being lifted, but I don't care. It's like I'm in a coma, but can still hear everything going on around me. I know that they're taking me to Damien, but my body can't do anything about it, as it's gone completely limp. 

My mind shuts down and I fall into the swirling blackness surrounding me, allowing it to transfer me into peacefulness; at least for a little while. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything feels heavy, my arms and legs feel like there's cinder bricks strapped to them, and my eyelids feel like ten pound weights. I force myself to open them, and when I do they immediately fly back closed due to the bright lights in front of my face. Squinting them, I try to take in my surroundings, but can't see much except concrete. Whoever is in charge of this is smart, putting the lights there on purpose so I can't see anything unless they reveal themselves to me. It also disorients my senses. Of course my arms are tied behind my back, and legs tied together at my knees and ankles. Something about the room I'm in feels so familiar, bringing back memories that I never want to think about. 

"Ryan Della Hunter," a voice carries through the room bouncing of the walls, "I have been waiting for this day to come for so, so long. Here I though we'd never meet again, but I searched for the past two years nonstop until I finally found you."

The voice is muffled and scratchy due to it being disguised, which only makes me wonder who it is more. 

"What do you mean? I don't know who you are 𝘋𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘦𝘯." I utter, trying to buy enough time for Jackson and the crew to be at my location, although I'm sure they're here by now.

"Ryan, Ryan, Ryan,  you're still so naïve, just like you used to be." His words flow through my ears and I try to put together what he's saying. 

"Who are you!" I yell, barring my teeth trying to be as aggressive as possible. 

"Oh don't worry, we'll get to the introductions, or should I say reunions, in just a moment, but first I'd like to show you a little something." 

I squint into the light in front of my face harder, trying to make out the person behind it when suddenly the lights shut off and I'm surrounded by pitch black. A door opens and a tall, broad figure leaves and I know I'm left alone in the room. Confusion surges through me as I try to process not only what's going on, but also where I am and why everything seems so familiar.