Chapter 31 ~ Moving Forward

Hey everyone! I can't wait for you to read this chapter! Btw, does anyone watch Law and Order? I just got done with an episode and woah, plot twist!!! Anyways, I'm super tired but remember to read, vote, and comment. Love you guys!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

By the time we get back into the school parking lot it's around 11:00, almost time for AP Chemistry at 11:10. Braiden parks the car and steps out, shutting the driver door. I'm about to get out to, but he beets me to the passenger side and swings open the door for me. Alice climbs out on her own with a smile from ear to ear on her face.

"Thanks." I mumble, keeping my eyes trained on the ground.

I appreciate his gesture, but I also don't want him feeling like he should treat me differently out of pity.

"Hey," he says, tugging on my hand as Alice winks at me and continues walking ahead of us. 

I look up at him through my lashes and meet his forest green eyes. "Are you going to be okay?"

Tears well up in my eyes because of the way he cares and because everything from today is just overwhelming. I hate myself for being so weak over this.

"Ugh," I quickly wipe my tears away, "I'm fine. I should not be crying over this."

Braiden's hand comes up to my cheek when I look away and softly wipes away the last of the tears. "Ryan," he whispers, tilting my head to look at him, "never be ashamed of what your feeling in front of me. I want you to feel like you can cry when your sad, laugh when you're  happy, hell, I don't care if you punch me when you're angry! As long as your just being real."

His words make my whole body warm up despite the chill in the air, almost like a warm sunny day. A smile starts to grow on my face and once it starts to form I can't stop it. Nobody's ever treated me so perfectly and I have to admit, it feels amazing.

Slowly I stand on my tiptoes and press my lips to his. His eyes widen since I make the first move, but he recovers and quickly responds. Slowly, he starts backing up and my body rests against the cool metal of the car. When our lips touch its like a flower finally bloomed and my body craves for more of him. He slowly takes my bottom lip into his mouth and nibbles it, tugging slightly.

"Eep!" I sound comes from one of the vehicles nearby causing us to pull away.

"Huh, okay Alice, c'mon out." I sigh, even knowing right away it's her.

Slowly, she stands up from behind the silver Porsche in front of us with a guilty look on her face.

"Hi." she says with a small wave.

A raise an eyebrow at her trying to act disappointed and Braiden clears his throat even though we're both grinning.

"Fine, I'm sorry." She groans. "It's just you two are so adorable, I mean who wouldn't swoon at that? But I totally get it. I'm acting creepy and I won't watch you guys make out anymore."

A disgusted look crosses her face as the words leave her lips. "Okay, I hear how weird it sounds out loud."

I roll my eyes at her, but then burst out laughing. She's so boy crazy it's not even funny, well it it, but ya know. All of us walk into the office of the school, luckily Alice is with us so it's not as suspicious.

Mrs. Dartwell's eyes snap up to ours and then squint into tiny slits.

"Well, what do we have here? Skipping again?"