I took a cotton ball and doused it in the alcohol before taking his hand in mine once again. I gingerly swept the cotton ball over his cuts to try and sterilize it and also get the dried blood off. He didn't even flinch as the alcohol touched the open skin. After some of the blood had cleared away I noticed other scars on his hands and knuckles, do doubt from other fights. I looked up at him only to find his staring back at me taking in what I was doing.

"What happened?" I asked hesitantly. Looking back down to his hand.

"I got into a fight." he replied nonchalantly.

"I see that. With who?" I pried even farther. After finishing with his first hand I let it drop and took his other hand in my lap.

He paused for a moment thinking to himself. "He shouldn't have hit you." the words left his lips more as a growl than anything else.

I tensed partially before gathering my composure once again. "Why do you care? He is your friend, shouldn't you have taken his side, I mean I stabbed hi, don't you think I deserve it?" I ask trying not to sound bitter and praying I don't set him off again.

"You are under my protection, and I gave them specific orders that they were not to lay a single hand on you. He needed to learn respect. You acted in self defense." he replied in a rough voice.

"You're in a gang aren't you?" I asked refusing to look into his eyes.

He simply nodded.

"And you say I"m under your protection. Does that mean you lead them." Did I even want to know the answer.

"Yes." his voice was soft. Neither of us spoke for a while.

I finished with his second hand, and placed it down on my lap. I looked into his eyes as he studied me. I noticed the bruise forming by his cheek. My hand moved without the consent from my brain. My thumb traced the slightly bruised area gently.

I stared into his wide eyes, just looking for some emotion, anything to help me understand him. He tensed visibly under my touch, and I froze in place, when I realized what I was doing. I suddenly stood and made my way out of the bathroom and into the bedroom like a dog running back to it's cage.

Before I made it through the doorway he caught my wrist and spun me around. I slammed right into him placing my hands onto his chest. I began to panic thinking I had done something wrong. "I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to leave. I just thought you wanted me to go back. I'm sorry." I kept rambling on fear evident in my voice. A tear fell form my eyes as I looked for signs of anger on his face.

His thumb brushed against my cheek and collected the fallen tear.

"Don't cry angel. I won't hurt you." he said gently. The he did something I never thought would happen. Slowly he tilted my head upwards and connected my lips to his, kissing me softly and gently. He took a step back wards seconds later releasing me from his hold.

"Why aren't you mad at me." I ask trying to change the subject.

"Angel why should I be mad. You defended yourself and those assholes deserved it. They shouldn't have treated you like that. I shouldn't have left either." he reassured me.

I simply nodded and went to turn and head back into the room. He caught my hand again.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

I nodded once more. He lead me down the stairs into the kitchen. I noticed a few pots on the stove and two plates on the table. He lead me to one of the chair and I sat down. "I hope you like pasta." he said.

A small smile came to my face. "It's my favorite." I whispered.

"I know." he said in a low voice, obviously not wanting me to hear.