Chapter 37

* * *

* * *

Xavier's POV

* * *

We sit in the safe cafe we did when I first told her that I was a leader.

Not a lie but neither was it a truth.

I never actually thought that things would turn out to be this way and she would come to know that I worked with the Pentagon formerly known as the CIA.

I was shocked to see her solve the code so quickly seeing to the fact that the first code is still not deciphered by Jordan and it's been more than half a month now.

She sits oppsosite of me staring out of the window. I want to know what she is thinking right now. Am I on her mind like she is on mine?

I don't know what is about her that makes me want to hold her and never let go. I just don't know, sure I have been attracted to women before but never was it so strong.

Everytime I am close to her, I need to resist the urge to press my lips against her.

Eyes are the window to a person's soul.

People say that and so did Elisha. She said if you want to see who a person truly is then look into their eyes. The first few times we met, I always tried looking into her eyes but I guess, I never really did find out who she truly was.

She hides herself under that hideous layer of clothing because for reason that is unknown to me, yet.

I clear my throat catching her attention and she, automatically sits straight. Her shoulders go rigid and her torso goes stiff.

"You don't have to do it," she says in a soft voice.

"It's better if you know,"

"I don't want you to feel pressurized, it's fine if you are not able to, I respect your privacy," she says looking at me dead in the eye.

I have already made up my mind and now there is no going back, taking a deep breath I say, "Brown hair, brown eyes,"

I have to do it. Sooner or later. She needs to know. She'll understand. I know she will.

I need to tell her what exactly happened and not some made up story that I told to the rest of the world including Nathan,Jordan and Ashton.

I have to do it.

She looks perplexed and I continue, "She had all the boys falling for her at her feet yet she payed no attention. Her name meant God's salvation but when she went she ruined me to pieces.

Elisha was only twelve when it happened, mom and dad had gone to a ball with Aiden. Elisha requested me to stay with her but I declined as I had to go to a party. Next day when I came, the house was burnt to ashes. Elisha was sitting outside the house, her hands shaded a dull colour of red because of the fire ignition that came from her hands.

Doctors decided she was too dangerous for the society and took her for research on a meta-human. After two years of consecutive work on her they came up with a cure of injecting mercury in her. Instead of she healing, it killed her. Everyday a dose of Mercury killed her and there was nothing we could do about it."

Light sips of coffee can be heard right now, and I see Katrina sipping the foam in the coffee and I almost want to smile from the foam on her upper lip. She takes a tissue and wipes it clean.

She keeps the coffee cup down and says, "Death is not who dies, but rather what we let die within ourselves while we live," she looks at me with no emotion in her eyes, whatsoever, "One day, Xavier you'll know the meaning of what I just said.

You could have done something to prevent her from dying but when your time is written, you die then and there. If she hadn't been injected with Mercury, she had to be dead by other means.

The past in the past, we have no choice but to move on, now. I know that if Elisha would have been here then she wouldn't have wanted you to mourn. Xavier, you need to move on. You need to flow with life or you are going to get trampled by the gushing currents of the water."

She has a sad smile on her face and for a second I think if it was that easy for her to move on from her parents death.

How much time did it take for her to move on?

A day?

A week?

A month.

A year?

How much time, love, how much time?

But most importantly and the most random question that spins almost everyday in the back of my head. The question that was buried a long time ago probably in the fourth grade :

Does she like me back or am I not good enough for her?

* * *

A/N : Xavier's perspective, humans. I know it is short but believe me when I say that I had not effing clue as to what to write for this, because well... he is a boy..... and I am not.

I hope you liked this chapter, I know there wasn't much in it but the next chapter is gonna be of Katrina's and it is going to be a bit more detailed about Xavier's sisters death.

And I know it is going to fast but reasons of the book escalating will be given in the ahead chapters.

BTW, this was my BONUS CHAPTER.

It wasn't necessary for me to do a Xavier's POV but I still did because I thought it would be fun.

Anyways if you like this chapter don't forget to give it a vote, comment down your thoughts below relating to Katrina....and Xavier's crush on her.

Not to mention, wed...bed.....dead between Nathan, Ashton, Jordan because Xavier is taken.....by.......me.

Hope you don't mind. ;) ;)

I wouldn't care if you did anyways,

Jk. Jk.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. FOLLOW.

Love,

~Mehek