07: La Bella Luna

Start from the beginning

Melissa smiled kindly and walked away. I looked at myself again, and once again I was pleasantly surprised at how different I looked. I was actually pretty for once. That only made me more excited to see Zayden.

I opened my shoe cabinet, and pulled out the pair of pink high heels my mom gave me just a couple weeks ago. It went perfectly with my attire today, and it made me four inches higher, which was still not taller than Zayden.

I went downsairs, just as my mom was walking towards the door. She glanced up, and I swear she looked like she had seen her child say its first word.

"My God," she gasped, "Cassandra, you look gorgeous!"

I blushed. "Thank you."

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked, excitement pouring out of her voice.

"Uhm yeah," I mumbled. "I have a date."

My mom squealed and rushed to give me a hug. "I'm so happy for you!"

I smiled. "I'm pretty happy as well."

My mom let go of her embrace and said, "well I need to go now, I have a get-together to attend, but afterwards you need to tell me everything, alright?"

"Okay mom."

My mom blew me a kiss and walked out, and then everything fell quiet. The servants at my house were nowhere to be seen, my brothers were at someone's house, and my dad was in a foreign country for a businesstrip. Once I could finally think to myself, I was starting to get nervous.

This was my first date that I've ever gone on. I don't know how these things work. What if I mess it up?

I sat down and fidgeted with my hands.

I stood up, went up to my room, went downstairs, went up to my room again, and sat down on my bed.

God, I've never been this nervous before.

I found my light pink purse and put in my phone, wallet, and a lip gloss. And then all I did was wait.

I heard the tick of the clock as I sat on my bed.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

And then someone knocked on my door.

"Miss Cassandra? A gentleman named Zayden Rhodes has come to pick you up."

I instantly got up and almost ran out the door.

"Thank you for informing me." I told the servant by my door, and I rushed down stairs. Zayden was just inside my house, the large doors open behind him.

"Hi Zayden." I said as I walked to him. The moment I saw him, all my nervousness seemed to fade. All that was left was how pleased I was to see him. He was wearing a white button-up shirt and dress pants, with a lapis lazuli-colored tie with emerald green squares along it. It was pretty, and looked slightly reptilian.

"Hi." He said, as his eyes looked me up and down. "You look beautiful."

My cheeks flushed madly. "Thanks."

He smiled kindly and motioned to his car. "Do you want to get going?"

I nodded quickly. "Of course."

It was sort of uncomfortable to talk to guy in front of a whole bunch of my servants.

We walked out of the house, where Zayden's black Ferrari was parked in the middle of the driveway. Like a gentleman, Zayden opened my door for me before walking over to his seat. I buckled in, and Zayden started driving. The Main Gate of my house smoothly opened up just for Zayden to drive by without having to stop.