Chapter 36 A love that's Pure

Chapter 36

[Francis' POV]

Although, Edz and I were ok, I couldn't say I'm completely happy. Hindi rin naman ako malungkot. The truth was, I was really glad kasi nga nagkaayos na kami ni Edz pero it still felt different. It was no longer the same. After the incident, I didn't see Clarence. He was absent for several days again. Hindi ko tuloy maalis sa isip ko na baka nagdamdam ito sa akin o baka naman gusto lang nya ng time na mapag isa.

 This morning I was on my way to the classroom when I saw Clarence's dad, I called out "Tito!" and he turned around to look at me. He just waved his hand when he saw me and then he went on. I wanted to run after him to ask why was he in the school but he was heading to the dean's office. And I was pretty late that's why I continued to walk towards the classroom.  When I got inside the classroom, I immediately scanned the whole place for Clarence but he was nowhere to be found. Probably that's the reason why his dad was here in the school, I thought to myself.

The day went by though and I kinda noticed, Ryan was acting pretty weird. When he came this morning he looked different. I mean, I didn't sense the arrogant and the "don't fuck up with me" vibe that he commonly exuded in the class. Instead he was very quiet,  ni hindi man lang nito pinansin mga kasama nya pagdating nya. Dumiretso lang ito kaagad sa upuan nito. The whole time he was silent, nakatingin lang ito sa labas at tila may malalim na iniisip. His name was even called twice during the recitation, however, he just stood up absent-mindedly and didn't even answer.

I asked Edz if he knew anything about Clarence being absent but she didn't know either. She said she's been trying to call him several times, however, Clarence's phone was off. It suddenly dawned on me, we'd been together almost every day but I didn't know his number so I asked Edz for his number.

 As I was dialing the first 4 digit of his number, something appeared on the screen "Anonymous Friend",  a string of memory was suddenly struck up. His number was already saved. I realized kaya pala kilalang kilala ako ng putek siya pala ang  anonymous friend na ka text ko noon. Putek talaga! I couldn't help to grin.

"Oh bat nakangiti ka?" Edz inquired.

"Wala may naalala lang ako." I responded. I dialed the number however a voice prompt stated that the phone was powered off. 

During the break Ryan approached me. "Si Clarence", he started but he never finished his sentence. He seemed agitated, dahil bigla nitong hinawakan ang mukha nya ng kanang kamay nya at bahagyang tumakip sa bibig nito which was a sign that he wanted to say something but he couldn't say it.

Bigla tuloy akong kinabahan sa reaksyon nya plus the fact that I saw Clarence's father this morning, "Anong tungkol kay Clarence? May nangyari ba sa kanya? I saw his dad earlier. Bat hindi sya pumasok? Do you know why?" Sunod sunod ko namang tanong.

"Wala!.... Wala lang yon!"Bigla nitong bawi sa sinabi nya at saka naglakad na palayo.

The whole time I couldn't get off my thoughts about Ryan's strange behavior and Clarence's father being in the school, so after class I resolved to go to Clarence's house to see him. Pagdating ko sa bahay nila tila wala naman tao dahil ilang beses akong tumawag pero walang nagbukas ng gate. I tried to call his number and even texted him but all my effort was put in vain.

I started to walk away when I saw Clarence's friend Shok. I hurriedly ran towards him. When he saw me approaching him, he tried to dodge me by taking the street on his right side. I called out his name, I knew he didn't want to be called "Boshok" that's why I called him "Maui! sandaling lang!" at huminto naman ito sa paglalakad.

Nang maabutan ko sya," Anong kailangan mo?" Medyo inis nyang tanong.

"Pasensya ka na pala sa akin nung nakaraan. I didn't mean what I said. Tinopak lang ako ng mga oras na yon. Pero nauunawan ko kung naiinis ka pa rin sa akin. Alam ko bilang kaibigan kapakanan lang ni Clarence ang iniisip mo. Pasensya na talaga." Sambit ko sa kanya.