Chapter 11

Shan's POV:

Chirp, chirp, chirp, the birds sang on the railing of Jay's balcony. I felt a slight breeze fall upon my face as it awoke me from some of the best sleep I've had in a while. I turned over in Jay's California king size bed towards the balcony and opened my eyes slowly as they began to try and adjust to the bright sun rays. It was Saturday morning and I honestly just wanted to lay in bed all day. Jay's house was so peaceful and everything about it and him made me happy and for once, since Bigg's death, I felt at peace with myself. I hadn't yet gotten my things from Candice's house or out of storage because I was beginning to have doubts about Jay and I moving in together. Jay was dangerous to be around and have around my child. I couldn't be involved with a drug dealer, bad enough I have one as a brother! I had to talk to Jay and let him know but I wasn't sure how he was going to react. I got out of bed, and went to the bathroom to pee. I was six and a half months pregnant and ready to pop this baby out. I hadn't yet thought about names or anything because I was still trying to figure other things out like where was I going to work to support her. After it took me 10 minutes to get up from the toilet seat, I walked over to the sink and washed my hands. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and fixed my hair and then went to my dresser that Jay had given me in his closet. I took out a long black halter top dress and put it on and went back to the room to put on my flip flops.

"Jay!", I yelled, trying to find out where he was because I could smell the scent of butter biscuits and it made me hungry.

"I'm out here sweetheart!", he yelled from the balcony. "Come here." I loved when Jay called me sweetheart. I went out onto Jay's oversized balcony that had a view that overlooked the ocean. It was even more beautiful at night and I wouldn't mind waking up to it every morning.

"Goodmorning Sweetheart", Jay held my pregnant belly from behind and caressed it slowly while giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodmorning Jay", I smiled and turned around to kiss him and could've sworn I felt a spark. "What's all of this?", I said referring to the decked out table with food and drinks on it.

"It's food", Jay said sarcastically. "I cooked for you. I figured I should show you some of my skills, not trying to make you jealous or anything but I might be able to cook better than you", he said pulling out a chair for me.

"Baby don't get beside yourself! I put it down in the kitchen. As soon as Babygirl comes, Ill prove it to you!", I said teasing him as I watched him walk over to his side of the table and take his seat. Not realizing that I had just made future plans for us. What was going on, am I beginning to fall for him?

"So what do you think", he said grinning. "I made scrambled eggs with a little cheddar cheese, some butter biscuits, and some blueberry waffles and because I know you always have a sweet tooth, I baked some cinnamon rolls", he boasted and leaned back in his seat like he was a boss.

"Oo! I'm impressed and hungry. It looks good Jay. Thank you!", I said smiling at him and looking away towards the ocean, trying to not let my emotions get the best of me. I was pregnant after all and my emotions were all over the place. I mean no one has ever taken interest in me or has ever put in as much effort as Jay does.. Not even Biggs. Jay was starting to become the guy that I wasn't exactly looking for but fell into my lap at the wrong time and under the wrong circumstances.

"So dig in Shan! I know you want to", he said reaching over to hand me a fork.

I took a bite of my eggs and a piece of the waffle and ate. "Mmm, this is good", I said covering my mouth. "Can you pass me the jam?", pointing towards the grape jam on his side of the table. I spread the jelly on my biscuit and shoved a quarter of it in my mouth. I looked up for a second to find Jay staring at me with the biggest smile on his face. I began to laugh realizing that I was eating more like a pregnant woman and less like a lady.