Chapter 2

"Bye Jimmy! See you Monday!", I yelled to my co worker as I walked to the elevator. It was finally the end of the day. I won the case and it was payday Friday. Another $2,000 in my account! Shan & I had already made plans to go to Club Haze and I was excited to go out with my girl. I thought about telling her about what I seen but I wasn't sure how. She was so in love with him. They had been dating for about 2 years and Shan was already talking marriage. I never really did approve of Biggs though. Brother didn't even have a job and has been acting a little funny for the last few months ever since she mentioned it to him but Shan was in love so what was I supposed to do.

"Candice hold up!", Jimmy shouted running towards me as I was about to step onto the elevator. I stepped back out into the firm's office letting the doors close behind me. "Are you still single?", he asked curiously.

"Yes why?", I folded my arms across my chest and I gave him that look that said not again. See the last time I let Jimmy and his wife hook me up, they set me up with this charming,good looking, chiseled body sexy ass Dominican man. Now I do not discriminate when it come to Hispanic men. I love me some 'platanos'. That's what Shan and I called them. Anyways I was really starting to like the guy, we even went out a few times until I found out the dude was married with not 1 but 2 kids! I felt so low down and dirty. I vowed to never let Jimmy play matchmaker with me ever again.

I guess Jimmy read my facial expression because he chuckled a little bit and put one hand over heart and the other raised to the sky. "I swear it won't be like last time. I had to buy you another pair of Manolo Blahniks after breaking the heel when you were being chased down by wifey." He laughed even more now.

I slapped him lightly on the shoulder with my Juicy Couture clutch. "That's not funny. It was one of the most downgrading nights of my life." I couldn't even help laughing myself.

"Well anyways I have a guy who's single. Trust me I did my research on him. He's legit single. He's a great looking guy. A doctor. Drives a black,fully loaded Mercedes coupe and has 2 houses with no kids. I really think you should try this one out." He gave me a nudge and friendly wink.

I smiled back. "I'll think about it and let you know. I have to run. I have plans for tonight." I said pressing the elevator button. "See you later,Jimmy." I stepped onto the elevator letting the doors close at a still smiling Jimmy.

Once I got to the house. I fed McCoy and let him inside. He wasn't house trained yet and wasn't about to let him mess up my hardwood floors and beige carpet. I ran upstairs to my beige,black and red room to get in the shower and wash my hair. 20 minutes later I turned off the water, wrapped a towel around my naked, cold body and called Shan to make sure we were still on for tonight.

"Shannnnyyyy-Poo! We're still on for tonight right?" , I said combing thru my hair and plugging the blow dryer up all at the same time.

"Yea were on girl! I just got home and Biggs is no where to be found. Where the fuck can this nigga be?", she said angrily. I heard her .opening and closing doors looking for him.

I quickly changed the subject. "What time are you going to be ready cause we driving my car" I said now blow drying my long dark hair admiring how toned my arms were and how good I looked naked in a towel.

"We'll Ima just come to your crib and get dressed. I wanna borrow some of your Mac eyeshadow anyways." She said laughing.

"Alright Ill see you in a bit!" I was so ready for tonight. I had been working out and was dying to show of this body. I finally finished doing my hair deciding to wear it part down the middle with swoop bangs on each side. I walked over to my large walk in closet. I had every shoe, every purse and almost every designer. I never really was a material girl but since I had the cash now to do it, I liked to spoil myself every now and then.