Chapter 9

Shan's POV

Today I have a doctors appointment at 2. I was ready to know the gender of the baby. Now, since Jay has been throwing money at me like crazy, I want to go and buy some things for my unborn. I decided that I was going to take Bigg's mom with me. I know she's been waiting to know the gender of her grandchild and I also wanted to spend some time with her before we went to the doctor's.

It was Friday, 10 AM. I know Candice had already left for work and I was kind of happy about that because I didn't want her in my business. I overheard her last night on the phone arguing with Jay about where he was last night. Little did she know he was with me. Her stupid ass couldn't even put two and two together. I chuckled to myself.

I got out of bed and reached for my new phone on the white stained nightstand. Jay brought me the new iPhone 5c and has been paying the bill so I was slowly getting back to how I used to be. And that job he hooked me up with, I end up quitting. The guy was asking for too much and didnt give a damn that I was big and pregnant. I'm getting to the point where my feet get swollen just from walking down the stairs. So it wasn't no way in hell I was going to be able to handle that job the way Junior wanted me to. He gave it to the next bitch that thought he was going to be hot shit one day and she fucks him whenever he says so. I shook my head thinking about it.

Jay was being so nice to me. He was giving me money whenever he felt I needed it. Making sure I ate and was making sure I looked and stayed fly. He even sends me to a massage parlor every week for a full body massage cause he knows how swollen my feet get. I was living the life..Me and my baby.

I looked in my contacts and dialed Ms.Jones number. She picked up on the 3rd ring. "Hi Ms.Jones. It's Shantell. Do you think you'll be ready by 11:30?"

"Yes baby, I will! I'm so excited for today.", her voice was so sweet and it gave me comfort.

"I am too. Okay see you later.", I waited for her reply.

"Okay baby. Bye bye now.",she said. I waited until she hung up before I put down the phone to get dressed.

I walked to the bathroom, took a 15 minute shower, brushed my teeth and washed my face. After that I went to the closet to choose what I wanted to wear. Jay had been buying me everything. He liked to see me in long dresses, so he brought a lot of those and I loved them because it was perfect for my belly.

I picked out a yellow, black and white one that was cut low in the back and put on my black Michael Kors sandals that Jay had also brought me. I went back to the bathroom and started to apply my makeup. I just put on a little mascara that made my eyelashes look really long and full and applied a peachy lip stick. I didn't know what to do with my hair, because it has been getting longer since I've been pregnant for some reason. It's past my shoulders now. I just decided to do a twist going across and put the rest in a ponytail, so it wouldn't take away from the dress. The honey blonde looked good with the dress too.

I looked in the mirror and knew I looked good. I took a pic and sent it to Jay. I looked at my phone and seen it was 11:00 so I grabbed my black purse off of the bed, set the alarm and left the house.

As I was driving I realized how hungry I was, but I wanted to take Ms. Jones out for breakfast too, so I resisted the urge of eating until I picked her up.

I got to her house around 11:35. I parked the car on the curb and got out to knock on her door. After about 3 knocks, Ms.Jones came to the door fully dressed and ready to go. She was looking good too. She wore a silky royal blue sundress with a big white sun hat and matching white Tory Burch sandals.

"You lookin' good Ms.Jones! You sure you just going with me or do you have a date later on?", I chuckled.

She started laughing as she locked her door. "No baby I just like to look good. Just cause I'm an old woman doesn't mean I have to dress like one." She patted her soft curly hair. We started to walk towards the car.