Chapter 8

Shan's POV

After job hunting for the last 2 weeks after moving in with Candice, I was starting to lose hope. I applied to almost every job and met all of the qualifications but I never got any calls back.

I decided to give that guy Jay a call. He told me that if I needed anything to call him.

Today I decided to stay home because my car was beginning to run on E again and my money was getting low. I had to find a way to get some money quick.

I found the paper with his number on it and began to dial. The phone rang.

"Hello.", his husky voice said.

"Hi Jay. It's Shantell. The girl from the pharmacy.

"Hey ma. What's up? I was beginning to think you forgot about me."

"No I was waiting for you to call but you never did."

"Girl I've been calling since that night but you never picked up.", he said.

I was quiet for a minute thinking if I remembered getting any calls then I remembered that I had to change my number and get a new phone because I couldn't pay my high ass bill anymore.

"Oh yea you probably have. I changed my number." Neglecting the truth behind it.

"It's cool but what's up ma? Everything good with you?"

"No not exactly.", I said sitting down on the full size bed in the guest room. "Everything is just not good right now."

"Is there anything I can do to help?", he said sincerely.

I hesitated for a while. "Well I ... I kind of need a job."

He was quiet. "Alright ma. Let me see what I can do for you." He was quiet again, talking to someone in the background. "Where are you right now. Are you home?"

"Umm no I'm at the park." I lied.

"Alright well I'm about to come pick you up.", he said. I heard voices in the background saying something about money and then he was gone.

"Shit!", I hurried up and put on some shorts and black tee with my black and red Jordan's.

I ran into the bathroom and took a look at myself in the mirror. My hair was all fucked up because I had just washed it last night, blow dried and left it as that. I was looking like Chuckie.. Wild hair everywhere.

I took some styling gel and combed it through my hair and brushed it up into a high bun leaving out some for my bang. I sprayed myself with some Japanese Cherry Blossom perfume and checked myself one more time. I looked decent but I wasn't all that.

I checked myself one more time in the downstairs hallway mirror, put on the alarm and left.

I sped to the park. It was about 15 minutes away from Candice's house. Once I got there, I just sat there, thinking.

I never thought in a million years, shit would turn out the way it's turning out. I'm about to do things I never would've thought I would do.

"Bang!", a loud noise went off behind me.

I ducked and screamed not knowing what the hell it was. Then I seen Jay walking to the front of the car laughing.

I got up and rolled down my window. "Don't play like that boy! That shit ain't funny!" I rolled my eyes.

"Awww ma, calm down. I was just messing with you.", he caressed my cheek. "So what's up beautiful?"

"Nothing's up right now Jay. I need a job.. NOW!, You wouldn't believe the shit I'm going through."