Introduction

"Wait, Danny. Just listen-" I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to him furiously. "No, don't tell me what to do. For two years I listened to nothing but your pathetic lies, Jason. I'm done. We are done." I shook my head and took one last long look at his face;  his bright green eyes and rosy lips stood out the most, and the weaker part of me wondered how I'd live without them.

"Fine, piss off then and don't bother coming back this time." He said quietly. I could hear the sadness in his voice, but refused to give in again. I'd been here too many times before. "Believe me, I won't." I muttered, turning on my heels and making a break for the front door.

Later that night, I sat curled up by the heater with my hot chocolate, Beck beside me, dozing off. I wish I could have slept; clear my head and forget the permanent mark Jason had tattooed on my life. Two years I had given him, and I wondered how I'd make it through. No, I had to stop thinking like that. How would I make up for those two years exactly? Now that was a better start to moving on.

Absent-mindedly, I looked to Beck. I half smiled to myself, wondering if she could get me a gig as a photographer or something for one of her company's bands. I'd have to ask in the morning. I had to admit, having a best friend in the music industry definately had it's perks.

By morning, I woke up with a stiff neck and a sore bum. Why had I fallen asleep like that? Beck groaned beside me and suddenly jerked awake. "Work!" She exclaimed amd jumped up, running toward her bedroom. I laughed once I realised what she was doing. "Becky, it's Saturday remember? Your first Saturday off, might I add." I rolled my eyes as she came wandering back into the lounge with a more content expression across her pale face. "Oh." She smiled sheepishly and I laughed.

"Any bands looking for a photographer or merch girl by any chance?" I asked, stretching out my arms and legs in an attempt to loosen my joints a little. She pulled out her laptop and I watched her scroll through a long list of her company's clients. "As a matter of fact, yes. Issues are going on tour in two weeks and need a back up merch salesman."

"For real? Hell yeah, how do I apply?"