Chapter 2

Natsu tossed and turned in his bed and put his pillow over his head. He quietly cursed into his sheets. Why did he have to have such high senses and what are people even doing up at this hour!?

All Natsu could hear was conversations from inside Magnolia. Usually, he could easily tune out all the noise and fall blissfully asleep but he made the mistake of listening to one conversation and all the sudden his ears just wanna listen to everyone's

He sighed in frustration and sat up. Might as well do something if he couldn't get any sleep. He slipped on his shoes and grabbed his scarf. Before he left he wrote Happy a note so the little exceed wouldn't worry.

Natsu trotted along the path to the nearby lake, he was a softy for sunrises but never got up to see them. Seeing how close it was to sunrise this would be the perfect chance for him to get to see one.

Arriving at the lake, Natsu plopped down and rested his shoes next to him. He let his feet dangle in the water and shivered at the touch of the morning coolness. After a little while, his body got used to the temperature and his eyes started drooping. Eventually he let his exhausted body take over and fell into a quiet slumber.

--

"Stop please!"

Natsu jolted awake and caught himself from falling into the lake. His head pounded and he tried to ease the tension by rubbing his temples but to no avail.

"Let me go!"

The voice rang through his head again. He recognized it, it was Lucy.

The sun wasn't even up yet so he must've not been asleep for long. The words he heard in his head seemed so desperate, so scared. Lucy was in trouble.

Natsu slipped his shoes back on and ran as fast as he could into town. His brain felt slow as he couldn't remember where Lucy lived. He had to make sure she was alright. If she wasn't—

No Lucy had to be alright..