Chapter Sixteen ~ Alpha

Taehyung's POV

"TAEHYUNG! WHY AREN'T YOU AT COLLEGE?!" Namjoon erupted as he threw open my bedroom door.

"I wasn't in the mood today."

"Tae you can't just start taking days off, we haven't been here that long and we need to give a good impression. I want a fresh start here, no more mistakes or bringing attention to ourselves and you running around chasing after Y/N isn't helping."

I furrowed my brow, Jimin obviously told Namjoon about what happened. I still couldn't believe it myself, what was I thinking?! Truth was I wasn't thinking, all that crossed my mind was getting to her before she left for college wearing those ridiculous pants.

What the hell is wrong with me?! They're only pants for fuck sake, so what if she left the house wearing them? It's her body so she can do what she wants, so why did I feel the need to make such a spectacle of myself?

I threw my head back, watching the rotating fans on the ceiling above my bed. I hated this hold she had over me, I felt lost, like a part of me wasn't really me anymore.

"I didn't think." I finally spoke. "The thought of someone looking at her, appreciating and lusting after her made me sick to my stomach. I got so fucking possessive, I just ran, the wolf in me wouldn't even listen to my doubts or concerns. I wanted her so fucking badly, the smell....fuck the smell was intoxicating. It took all my will power to move away and leave the house." I grabbed a spare pillow from beside me, pushing it down over my crotch as Namjoon laughed.

"Fuck off hyung, it's not funny. The damn witch has some kind of spell over me and just the mere thought of her has me hard. I don't know what the hell this is but it's crazy, one minute I just want to fuck her senseless and the next I just want to hold her....love her....protect her. I hate this, I'm not even me anymore! It's like....it's like I just exist for her and it's messed up!"

Namjoon didn't say anything for the longest time, I knew he was thinking of what to say and how best to make me feel better.

"Taehyung it's normal for us, you know this. To be a wolf, to be part of a pack. It's the very nature of what we are, it's in our blood and more importantly it's in our souls Taehyung. I know you remember the code of our pack Taehyung, the three rules of our kind....

We run

We fight

We die....together."

I remember the code, of course I remember it, I just didn't understand why he was telling me this now.

"Hyung, what relevance does the code have to my current situation with Y/N?"

Namjoon pushed himself away from the wall and approached the side of my bed.

"Y/N is your mate Taehyung, you know this to be true as we all do. I know it frightens you, I know you feel lost and confused but it doesn't change the fact that she's the one for you. The longer you deny her, the longer you leave claiming and marking her....the weaker you become and if we lost you Taehyung.....it would destroy us as a pack." Namjoon sat down on the edge of my bed, brows knitted together with concern. "This pack makes sense, this pack works because we're all together....the seven of us and if we lost you...." I could see pain in those dark eyes, our leader, our Alpha rarely cracked because he needed to be our strength. "This pack wouldn't work or be as strong without you, we're seven parts of one big soul Taehyung and if even one part was taken away the rest would crumble."