It went down smoother than I thought considering I didn't really like sweet things, the slightly bitter taste of the wine masking my initial distaste as I felt the floaty feeling of being tipsy creep up on me slowly. It warmed me from the inside out as I twirled the end of my bat that I was holding, my blonde pigtails swishing around my face when I watched the part of the bat that was on the floor turn swiftly until I stopped it with my fingers.

It seemed to be entertaining as I felt the heated stares of men looking at me when I fixed my shorts and pulled them a little higher, the fact that I was basically half exposed in black fishnets and a tight cropped shirt not being something that I was lost on as I blinked lazily and then looked over my shoulder to see who was looking at me.

Prying eyes came in the form of a group of guys who I knew worked for my father and were also friends with my brother Dean, four out of the five of them looking away instantly when I met their gazes and narrowed my eyes.

Amateurs, I snorted, my vision soon moving to the one who stayed looking at me.

He was tall and had blonde hair that curled slightly against his ears, his bright blue eyes narrowed playfully at me as I looked over his costume, his limp suit and crystal cane making up a sad pimp interpretation which only gave away that he thought that he was too good for certain things.

I confirmed the thought when he raised his eyebrow enticingly, his tongue swiping against his lower lip as I hummed sharply under my breath when he purposely waited for me to watch him look down the length of my legs and then back to my face.

It was amusing how he thought that I was interested as Aaron said that he thought the guy staring at me probably had a small díck, the buzz of tipsiness soon soaking into my veins as I stopped myself from laughing at Aaron's words when I looked down and validated his words.

I knew it was uncalled for yet I didn't care considering I had something bigger and better, the sudden thought warming my body better than any alcohol did just as the hairs on the back of my neck stood when I felt a familiar presence in the room.

Instantaneously I turned, my dyed pigtails moving around my face as I spotted Lucien from across the room speaking to Alex who was dressed as a pirate, the glass in his hand half full of what I knew was probably bourbon when the amber liquid swirled inside and reflected the light that darted across the crowd. 

From where I stood I knew Lucien wasn't in the best of moods, his body tense as he motioned to Alex with his hands whilst talking to him before slowly blanking when Alex said something again. I didn't know what they were talking about but it was clear Lucien was annoyed when he narrowed his eyes at his older brother once he had finished speaking, the scowl on his face seeming to be something that I liked when I felt my legs press together and then watched as Lucien told Alex to fück off before he looked across the room.

It made me fight back a laugh when he moved away from Alex with his forever present confidence in his step, his jaw set as he swallowed what was left in his glass and then shoved it towards a waiter at the same time he caught my eye.

At meeting my glance he relaxed, his movements making my chest tighten just as he rubbed over his jaw and moved in between people to get to me. Seeing him do so at a quickening pace made my stomach dip as I felt my fingertips tighten over my bat, a lazy but happy hum leaving my mouth until my reality was ruined when the blonde behind had grown a pair of balls and moved so that he was next to me, his awkward touch only kick starting my agitation when he then went out of his way to put his hand on my waist.

"Don't fücking touch me," I snapped at him as I turned abruptly, heat in my words as I heard Aaron groan out can't you see I'm eating just as the warmth of Lucien's body was next to me.