The Father

Another Day, another visit but this time to the father. She knew August Ameri, truth be told he practically raised her, no one in the world except the both of them knew that and it was in their interest to keep it like that.

The early morning streets of Aesa was beautiful, clean and picturesque. She personally hated traveling so far from the city to see August but it was her only chance to understand more about why her husband wanted Caseopia so much, what would make him start a complicated and diverse game when he could take it in a snap of his fingers.

Parking in front of the less glamorous but one of the most relaxing Ameri townhouses, Aviva took her handbag and proceeded to retrieve the spear key she was given a few years prior. This was practically her house when she was still in university.

The inside was just as she had left it a few years ago, nothing had changed well except she didn't live there anymore.

"I was wondering when I'd see the matching set to my keys again" The old man she had grown to love and respect chuckled

"Still as young as ever August," Hugging him again felt like home and he smelt like safety. Oh, how she wished he could save her but this time she was meant to destroy him. "How's Margret Auggie?" 

"She's chipper, writing novels seems to suit her just fine when she's not worrying about Sebastien," The smile on August face when he talked about his wife annoyed her, simply because she knew that Sean would never look like that.

"Funny isn't it Auggie, I know everything about your family but they never met me" Aviva watched as his expression changed ever so slightly "Well not really because i met your  dear Sebastien this morning."

"What! AVI!" August shouted

"Keep your voice down, he had no idea who I was," dropping herself down on his couch "That's why I came to speak to you"

"And why is that Avi, are you keeping something from my child," Soothingly he offered some cookies that were already laid on the table, he was always a prepared man

"Spear me Auggie," taking a deep breath, she withdrew the contract out of her bag, handing the old man it."

"What do you know of Sean Carte, Auggie why does he want Caseopia?" 

"I don't know Aviva, why are you working for him," Judgemental August was coming out now, "There are better uses for your skills."

"It pays good and I rather not have a death sentence on my head for refusing a Don." Rolling her eyes, she grabbed back the contract and replaced it in her bag

"I see I won't be getting answers here," She whispered "I guess your family will be meeting me after all.

Walking to the door she almost didn't hear what he said next "It was nice seeing you again Avi" She shook her head and waited till he was ready to tell her the truth. He would call, he always did.

What she should have noticed earlier, however, was the silver car that tailed her to August.