The Ameri's

What was she thinking? She knew exactly what she was thinking, how did she become a monster like him, why did she put others through a misery she knew personally, how could she stand by his side after all he did to her. It was self-preservation, the basic human reaction that kicked in when choosing between ourselves and other people, it was selfish but it was nature's rule.

"Aviva Whitfield," the secretary called her name "Mr. Ameri, will see you now."

Yes, today she would ruin another wealthy businessman but what she would gain, more precious than any amount of money could buy. Breathe, the silent but lingering thought in her mind, it was like any other job.

"Mr. Ameri, I am Ms, Whitfield from Carte Hotels" false confidence projecting her voice across the room to the man sitting in the black chair. "Aren't you going to greet me Mr. Ameri" annoyance seeping through her calm exterior.

"I would be annoyed to Ms. Whitfield if the empty chair didn't answer me as well," A strong masculine and heavily accented voice said from behind her, a chuckle proceeding it  "I'll admit you are not what I was expecting."

Aviva turned around to see a young, healthy and handsome young man, no this couldn't have been Mr. Ameri "Well my reputation precedes the real me, I can assure you of that."

She watched as he pulled out the chair in front his desk, seating her first before taking the one behind it. Making herself comfortable, she left the conversation starter to him, like she always did with her clients.

"I'm sorry to say, but you're two years late if you were expecting my father," making a failing attempt at humor "So Ms. Whitfield, how does sean plan on undermining my father this time?"

"This time?" her eyes widening in astonishment "I should have known, that bastard always tries new tactics to get old gold."

"You don't seem to like your employer," reading between the lines, Sebastien raised a brow.

"Not all your employees like you but yet they are loyal and work effectively" waving off his suspicion before the reality of him hitting the nail on the head became evident.

"I have a contract here and all you have to do is sign it," removing it from her bag and placing in front of him "Sean wants Casseopia and all the surrounding lands, he's willing to pay you a substantial amount that can keep your family on good standings"

Sebastien smirked, his fingers drumsticks tapping an unusual beat on the edge of his furnished wooden oak desk. "Do you think it would be that easy doll,"

"It usually is Mr. Ameri, it seems you don't know who Sean Carte is" Aviva replied

"Quite the contrary Aviva Whitfield, I know everything of Sean Carte" The beat lingering on his fingertips like the build-up before something bad happens in a horror film.

"I know everything, except who you are and trust me, I will find out and when I do, My old friend would wish he didn't send a woman to do a man's job" waving his right hand in a dismissing motion.

"One more thing Sebastien, Mr. Carte always gets what he wants" she whispered, "And at times, to the cost of others, this is a warning from someone with experience."

Aviva left the office, contract in hand and plan B to enact. She couldn't lose this deal, this one was necessary and she would do everything in her power for him to sign it. Nobody would know what she was, the pain she felt and why she did what she did.

Wiping a fallen tear, she proceeded to Caseopia.