KANEKI'S NIGHTMARE

"I saw it all. Your organization crumbling into dust. " Rize stood in front of me, in the dress she wore the night our first date.

"What? Think I'm lying? Want proof?" She stretched her right arm towards Kaneki. Two fingers slightly curled in. "Touch me."

The water from my clothes began pooling around my feet. I raised a trembling hand and let my fingers kiss hers.

Every part of my being straightened, every muscle contracting as hundreds of voices pleaded for life.

"Please-monster-

save me-

it's huge-

where are you?--

I'm scared--

Is this the end--

please my child--

I'm sorry--

For the CCG

--AAHHH"

Eventually all the words drown out and all that was left was the screaming that reverberate on very part of my being and contorted whatever was left of my spirit.

My throat grew raw as the screams slowly ceased from around me. I wheezed.

"The people down their... in the water. Are they?" 

"Yes," Rize said. "Their people you killed."

"But... I--"

"And your child is next."

Rize faded behind me and atop the checkered black and white tiles lay a small girl. Hair a blinding white. A dark figure stood over it and slapped her in the face over,

and over

and over

and over

and over

and over

Scarlet pooled around the child.

"I'm sorry," she screamed. "I don't need it. I don't need anything. I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry. I don't need it anymore. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Don't beat me. I won't ask for anything."

"No." I stumbled towards them and wrapped my hand around the figures wrists. The shadowed man slowed caught light and his grey eyes pierced into mine.

His--no my other self launched at me and pin my writs to the stone cold floor.

"She deserves to be hit." it hissed. "Father knows best." Blood seeped into my shoes.

"No one deserves to be hurt." It hissed a most unpleasant laugh and the shadow swallowed its face again.

"It's better to be hurt then to bring it onto others?" It lifted its face to reveal my mother's smile. "You've done far worse to mankind then I could ever do."

She cradled my face in her hands. "Do u really know what's best for your child?"