Santorini (Mature)

"Man, this ain't the time to mope around," Kameron scowled, giving me a dap on the shoulder. He settled next to me on the rattan bench from the pool area of our villa overlooking the breathtaking view of Perissa Beach.

I took a swig of my beer and sighed, "I don't know, man. I'm trying to relax but there's just so many things in my mind right now."

"We're in fucking Greece, dude. Come on!" he insisted, adjusting the sunglasses on his face and pointing over to the the tourists on the sand. "Look at them living it up! The guys and I are definitely joining in on the fun."

I dryly nodded in response as I drank, my head still in another world.

He got to his feet and stripped to his board shorts, chucking his shirt back to the seat. "Come with?"

"I'll just catch up with you guys," I said, shooting him a small smile.

"Listen, man," he said lowly. "I know your breakup with Shirley was tough but—"

My eyes flicked over to him for a brief second, my heart and stomach dropping at the sound of her name.

"—you need this vacation, B," he pointed out, shrugging helplessly. "We're in the middle of a kickass tour and things have been weighing you down personally and job-wise. Just let go of everything for six days, man."

"Easier said than done," I frowned, affixing my gaze at the line where the sky meets the sea once more. "I didn't even want to come with y'all here."

"And what, drown your sorrows in booze and weed all by yourself?" Kameron chuckled. "Hell no! You're gonna drown your sorrows in booze and weed with us!"

"Man, fuck off!" I shooed him away, laughing in defeat. I chugged down the rest of my drink and mumbled, "Blocking my view and shit with your giant ass."

"Is your size another factor in this loneliness too?" he continued to mock me. "I thought you've accepted that fifteen years ago, man."

"I'm packing in places I have to be," I smirked a little, placing the empty bottle on the matching tabletop.

He snorted, laughing as he shook his head at my smug comment.

"What y'all still doing here?" Jamareo walked over to us, more than ready to go for a swim in the ocean. "Is boss man still sulking?"

"Yeah, man. Bumming everyone out," Kameron answered for me, sending me a glare at the same time.

"I see some fine ass ladies over there," Jam glanced at them excitedly, already bouncing on his feet.

"Yo man, that's a no for me," Kam held his hands out, immediately shutting down the idea of mingling while we were away. "My girl finna whip my ass if she found out I was hitting up li'l mamas."

"Shirley was supposed to come with us here, you know?" I said, not meaning to bring the mood down again. I've just been in the slumps since she dumped me over several misunderstandings and I hadn't really basked in the grievance period enough. The guys thought it was a miracle I still had the energy to get up on that stage the very night we separated.

"Yeah," the taller of the two nodded subtly and exhaled, "She's right over there with Dug."

After the words left his mouth, my head jerked up so fast I almost had whiplash. My eyes closed in slits to take a closer look at the anonymous excursionists. That was, until I identified some of the guys headed towards the blue waters. And there she was, her curly hair tied up in a ponytail, her mocha skin glowing in a small purple bikini under the sunlight, and a genuine grin plastered on her face as she talked to Dwayne.