Chapter 6: Starting Over

CHAPTER 6: STARTING OVER

Dear diary,

Can you pinch me? Is this a dream? I can't believe he ran after me just to ask me that...

------

When he asked me that time, i got all happy and confused at the same time...

Why is it that all of a sudden he's trying to hang out with me? Is this for real?

I was about to open my mouth to answer him..

but someone suddenly called him from behind...

"Carlo, i was looking all over for you. I'm even calling you a while ago but you're not answering... "

she said while walking towards us.

"Oh, my phone's on silent"

Carlo said.

I think I remember her. Her name's Jaden Andrews, she's a sophomore and a cheerleader. I've seen her when I've watched Carlo's basketball practice.

"Next time don't put it on silent okay?"

She said then she touched his arms.

"The varsity team and the cheerleading squad is having a party tonight, are you coming?" she asked while batting her eyelashes like she has some blinking problems but I think Carlo's a bit oblivious to it.

"Just wait a sec." he said to the girl then turned to me.

"Elly, I have to go."

"Um okay, but--"

"No buts and I definitely won't take no for an answer so I guess I'll see you this Saturday?"

He said after interrupting what I was about to say.

I looked at Carlo and I just nodded because I don't know how to react in this situation. I was dumbfounded

but I managed to tell him that i'll hang out with him if Kyla's with me.

He said yes

then I noticed that the cheerleader beside him already has that sour facial expression while staring me up and down, I just ignored her

I looked at Carlo again and said our goodbyes.

They went to the other direction and

I went home still shocked by the turn of events. I told Kyla to come over and she basically shrieked after hearing the news that Carlo had asked me to hang out with him tomorrow.

"I can't believe he asked you out!"

"Hey, he didn't ask me out. He just asked if he can hang out with me."

"Well that's the same with hanging out... it's just the two of you"

"It's not a date if it's the three of us"

"What? You're kidding right?"

"I'm not."

"Elly! You should have not told him that I will be coming with you."

"I just didn't know what to say that time..I was caught off guard you know. "

"Fine, but I still won't come with you. i don't want to be a third wheel, okay? We're in high school not in grade school. you're 16 and he's 17 it's not like we're going to the playground you know?"

"Okay then..."

Right now, I'm looking for something to wear, I know he said that we're just going to hang out but I can't help but try to at least look prettier.