She means the world to me.

"I like you in my clothes." I comment and she looks down at it with a light blush.

"Sorry I took it. It just brings comfort."

I smile, moving my head so that I can look at her. Harley continues to hold the pack to my jaw.

"I'm not mad. You look good in it." I respond honestly and she smiles. I lean up to connect my lips with hers. She drops the ice pack and immediately responds by moving her own lips and I almost groan when she runs a hand through my hair. I pull her closer- not liking the space between us- and she sits on my lap, straddling me while we kiss passionately.

This is paradise.

I break away from her kiss and pepper some down her neck, holding her close to me so that I can feel her. She arches her neck and I smile against her skin.

"Danté." She murmurs and I freeze, my lips lingering against her skin.

Danté.

I feel her sit up straighter and she immediately pulls back, her face panicked and worried. "Shit- I'm so sorry Cameron. I don't why I said that. I was just getting carried away and it just slipped ou-"

"It's fine." I tell her. "I actually like it when you say it." I respond honestly and she looks at me disbelievingly.

"Really?"

I nod. "That's who I really am and I actually kind of miss being called that. Plus, it sounds extremely sexy coming out of your mouth."

It's true. When I first changed my name to Cameron, it took a lot of getting used to and even though it's my name now, I'll always be Danté Barbosa.

"I like it."

I smile up at Harley. "Just don't say it in public." I tell her and even though it saddens me, I'm glad at least one person can call me by my real name when we're alone.

"Okay, Danté." She teases and I rub my thumb over her lip.

"You have no idea how beautiful you make it sound."

She smiles softly to me. "Thank you for trusting me."

I press my lips against hers and pull back for just a second. "Thank you for trusting me."

Harley watches me for just a second before kissing me again, pulling me closer to her and making sure that I'm not going anywhere. As we kiss passionately on the couch, the both of us glad to have met someone to be real with, I cannot help but wonder whether this will beeeze over or if we have a storm coming our way.

Because I'm not ready for a hurricane.

****

Harley knocks on the door to her apartment and it's opened within seconds before Audrey is embracing Harley in a tight hug.

"I was so worried."

Harley lets her know that she's fine for what seems like the millionth time before Audrey smiles and lets us in. I give her a smile when I enter and she scowls at me.

"Oh great, it's you- the guy who is stealing my roommate." She rolls her eyes and I enter, rolling my own.

Ever since Harley told Audrey about her moving in with me for a while, Audrey has tried to sway our decision. Little does she know that we're doing this for a much bigger purpose. It's clear she still hasn't accepted it.

"You wound me." I reply and she rolls her eyes, following Harley into her room.

"You just got here and you're already moving out." I hear her grumble to Harley.

"I told you it's only for a little while. It's not permanent."

I hear Audrey scoff before Harley opening her cupboard. "Sure. Once Cameron gets a taste of you one night, he won't let you go."

My lips twitch in amusement before I hear Harley gasp.

"Audrey!" She then dials her voice down to a whisper. "He can hear you."

I lean against the kitchen counter, and wait for Harley to return, with a soft smile.

"Oh whatever. He's a guy, he won't even deny it."

I roll my eyes at her stereotypical comment. It takes Harley another ten minutes before she comes out with a duffel bag over her shoulder and Audrey trailing her heels.

"Ready?" I ask her, taking the bag from her shoulder and slinging it over mine. She looks around her apartment and I can see how hesitant she is. I understand moving in is a big move and I would've wanted it to happen later on but given the circumstances...  we don't really have the choice. This way, I can protect Harley better and she can feel safer.

"Yeah."

"Ugh. You should thank Harley that I'm not castrating you." Audrey snickers behind Harley and I raise a brow.

"Thank Harley?" I inquire and she nods.

"She needs that little fella of yours."

Harley smacks a hand to her forehead. "Please just shut up Auds."

Audrey lets out a snort and I roll my eyes, checking my watch. "We should get going."

Harley nods sadly before turning to a very disappointed Audrey. She holds Audrey at arm's length before smiling. "You're still my best friend and I'll still visit."

Audrey sighs but nods anyway. "I know."

They both hug each other and I feel guilt eat away at my heart that I'm forcing this move. I remind myself I have no choice.

Audrey pulls back and Harley turns to me with a smile, outstretching her hand. I intertwine our fingers and bid my goodbyes to Audrey before leaving the building.

When we're seated in the car, I turn to Harley. "I'm sorry you have to do this."

She shakes her head. "As long as it's with you, I'm fine."

I smile at the gorgeous girl before me. "Let's go."

This is going to be a long and stressful road because we both have an unknown enemy however,  I know that if I have Harley by my side I'm going to be alright.

We're going to be alright.

•••

If you enjoyed this chapter, please give it some love <3
I'm going on holiday to Europe for the month of September so updates will be paused, unfortunately, but will resume on the 1st of October. Super sorry about that but I know I'll be too distracted to update and I definitely need this break. However, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter (I updated today because tomorrow I'm leaving) and that you're okay with waiting. I'll see you guys soon ;)

vote•comment•share

vote•comment•share

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Guns and Rosesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें