"What's going on in here?" Administrator Theresa bellowed. She was the largest woman Benjamin had ever seen. And the ugliest. She always wore huge long robes that was spotted with food stains and her dark bushy hair was always unkept.

Tommy, who was still screaming for bloody mercy, pointed to Isabella, who refused to let go of his hand.

"Miss Morrison, what is the meaning of this?" Administrator Theresa yelled, making her way over to them.

Isabella finally released Tommy's hand. He groaned as he shambled away in tears, caressing his swollen red hand.

"He's a bully, he doesn't deserve his hand. I should sever it," she calmly said, still watching Tommy shuffle over to his table.

"Listen young lady," Administrator Theresa said, "you're new here. Don't go threatening my children."

Isabella turned her attention to Administrator Theresa.

"You're an awful caretaker, Administrator."

"You need to watch your mouth!"

"And you need to watch your children. If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that Benjamin here has been bullied since he came to this orphanage three months ago."

Benjamin put his head down as he felt all eyes turn to him. The supper hall was dead silent once again.

"Mr. Crawford is this true?" Administrator Theresa asked, her voice echoing through every inch of the hall.

Benjamin slowly nodded, his eyes still on his half eaten bowl of mashed potatoes that he hadn't touched.

"Why I . . . I had no idea," Administrator Theresa said.

"Of course you didn't," Isabella retorted. She turned to Benjamin and held out her hand. "Come on, Benjamin. Let's get you out of here; you deserve better."

Administrator Theresa grabbed Isabella's arm.

"What do you think you're do--"

Isabella slapped Administrator Theresa so hard, she flew back a few feet and landed on her back. Out cold. The other orphans screamed and ran out of the hall. Especially Tommy Dunn.

Isabella returned her attention to Benjamin. He could feel her incessant stare. He slowly looked up at her. She wore the same smile she always wore when their eyes met. Her deep blue eyes were entrapping. Her long auburn hair seemed to flow in the wind that wasn't there. And her lightly freckled fair skin glowed in the candlelight. She reminded Benjamin of an angel. A goddess. Benjamin could feel his cheeks flare. He looked down again.

"Are you afraid of me?" she whispered. Benjamin could tell that she was still smiling.

"N-No. But . . . H-How'd you do that?" he asked.

Isabella ignored the question.

"Come on. Let's get out of here."

"Where are we going?" Benjamin asked, looking up at her again.

Isabella widened her smile.

"Home."

They walked in silence under a full moon. Benjamin and Isabella had left the orphanage. She had promised to take him somewhere safer. Somewhere better. He could feel Isabella stare at him as they walked.

"Why'd you let that boy bully you for so long?"

Benjamin shrugged.

"I guess I've grown used to it."

"Being bullied is something nobody should ever have to get used to."

"Have you seen Tommy Dunn? He's strong."

Isabella laughed.

"He wasn't all that strong."

"I can't believe you beat him."

"I eat all my vegatables," Isabella responded.

"Oh . . . well, Tommy ate all mine."

They laughed.

"You won't have to worry about him ever again."

There was silence for a few moments before Benjamin said "How'd you know I'd been at the orphanage for three months? You'd only been there for a few weeks."

"I'd . . . been following you."

"Following me?"

"I saw your newspaper article a few months back," Isabella said tenderly. "I still remember the headline title. 'Family Murdered in Home. One Boy Survives'. I thought it was so tragic. You looked so lost in the article photo. I guess I . . . felt sorry for you." Isabella looked up at the full moon, somehow appearing more heavenly under the moonlight. "I snuck into the orphanage many times just to get a glimpse of you. And a few weeks ago I . . . invited myself in."

"Wait a minute . . . you aren't an orphan?" Benjamin said.

Isabella shook her head.

"I live just north of here in the Hills. I have very wealthy parents and . . . a big home. Your new home--if you want it to be."

Benjamin stared at Isabella, wide-eyed.

"You're inviting me to . . . come live with you?"

"Father said it's okay."

"I-I can't just move into your home."

Isabella grabbed Benjamin's hand. They were ice cold. She stared him in the eye.

"Yes . . . yes you can. You'll have a better life. You'll be happy with my family. And me."

Benjamin felt his cheeks flare up again.

"But there's something you must know. About me and my family, Benjamin," Isabella continued. "We're . . . different. Very different."

"How so?" Benjamin asked.

Isabella looked nervous as her eyes pierced Benjamin's

"My family and I . . . we're all dead."

---

A/N: Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. And if you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote. Again, thank you!