Chapter 46

"Butterflies can't see their wings. They can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that too." —Unknown.

Chapter 46

Small feet were felt sinking the motel mattress an inch or two. Teddy walked around the bed and blew raspberries above Zach and Bethany. She started jumping on the bed and that's what got the both of them to wake up.

Zach actually fell off the bed because he forgot he had a little sister and that she slept in between Bethany and himself. He stood up and stared at Teddy who was laughing at him.

Bethany rubbed her eyes and chuckled at Zach too. "Good morning," she said, laughing.

"Zachy fell!" Teddy doubled over in laughter and fell onto the bed.

"Zachy?" Bethany giggled. She turned to her boyfriend. "I'm totally calling you that for the rest of the day."

"No, you're not." He said, speedily. He crouched to meet Teddy's eyes. "Hey, my name is Zach, Teddy. Okay? Can you call me Zach?"

Beth gave a toothy grin and nodded. "Okay, Zach-y."

"Ha!" Bethany high-fived Teddy and then ruffled her soft straight blonde hair. "Come on, Zachy. Lets go have some lunch. I'm starving, Zachy. Why did we skip breakfast, Zachy? And why did we decide to nap at one of the afternoon . . . Zachy?" Bethany smirked and stood up to quickly kiss Zachary. He didn't kiss back and pretended to be annoyed, but really he found Bethany and his little sister quite an amusing duo.

~

Zachary and Bethany decided to just pass by a pizza place and then walk around until they found a local park where they could sit and eat.

The park they found was slightly small, and a bit too far from the motel. But it was fine because the park had swings.

Bethany opened the box of cheesy deliciousness and then asked, "why is a pizza box a square if a pizza is actually a circle?"

Zach narrowed his eyes and stared at the pizza. "No idea. But I'm hungry so I'll forget how sketchy that is."

"Oh, no!" Bethany groaned. "We forgot the ketchup!"

Teddy wrinkled her nose, biting into her pizza slice. Zachary did the same thing. "Why would you put ketchup on your pizza if it already has tomato sauce?"

"You don't do that?" Beth asked, feeling judged.

"No. I'm more worried about the fact that we forgot the ranch!" He looked at his little sister and she frowned.

"We forgot ranch," Teddy repeated, upset.

"What?!" Bethany laughed. "Pizza is clearly better with ketchup."

"It's obviously better with ranch, what do you mean?!" Zach was ready to argue about this.

"No," Beth said.

"Yes," Zach replied.

"No."

"Yes."

"Ugh," Bethany groaned. "Whatever."

Seconds after Zachary smiled a grin of victory, Teddy wrinkled her nose and said, "she's weird." And yes,  it made the three of them laugh very loudly.