Chapter 25

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." —Andrew in The Breakfast Club, movie.

Chapter 25

"Hey, Evana!" Beth walked over to her and they entered the school building together. As they did so, Bethany noticed how many people were staring at them. It was definitely more than usual.

"Is it just me or are people staring us down?" Evana glanced around once more. "Let me rephrase: people are staring you down."

"Did Sarah do something?" Beth asked, worried but honestly mostly annoyed.

When Bethany reached her locker, prank-free, Evana said, "nope. But I think she might've said something."

Mason Markovich walked over to Bethany with such swagger she believed it was punchable. She questioned why she had ever dated him.

"I heard you have a psycho living in your house," Mason scoffed with arrogance.

Bethany's eyes widened. She knew he was referring to Zach but she was shocked as to how he knew he was staying at her home. "How do know about Zach?" Bethany asked, aware of everyone in the hall staring. "And he's not a psycho, you prick." Bethany said, with a glare cold as stone.

"I drove by your house and saw him. Looked like he was taking to the wall." He joked. His friend, Sam, was standing behind him laughing loudly.

Bethany shook her head and walked past her ex boyfriend. "I'm done talking to you."

"Awe, come on, babe. You really gonna leave me for him? He killed his mother! I wouldn't be surprised if you're next on his hit list."

Bethany rolled her eyes, annoyed that he was following her around. She looked down at her feet and continued to walk away from him.

"She won't be, but you might." A voice boomed in front of Bethany. She froze and her gaze slowly lifted to meet the eyes of the owner of the voice.

It was him. It was Zach.

What are you doing here? She asked him, without moving her lips. Yeah, being psychic was the greatest thing to ever happen to Bethany.

He ignored her and walked towards Mason. "I think you should turn around and walk away." He said, sinisterly.

Mason gulped visibly but his eyes were almost equally as murderous. He scoffed and then his back was facing Zach and Bethany.

Everyone in the halls was staring at the three of them. Evana was besides Bethany, also staring uncontrollably.

When Bethany turned to face Zachary once again, she noticed her mother was besides him. "Mom?" She said. "What are—I am so confused."

Her mother stepped in between Zach and Bethany. She gave her daughter a worried look but when Bethany shook her head, not wanting to talk about Mason, her mother moved on. "You're eighth grade tutor apparently does morning tutoring sessions here, I came to talk to her. Well, Zach and I did."

"Oh," she mumbled. "Okay." She wasn't sure how she should feel about Zach being in her school. Especially with her mom. It was a small town, people knew her mother.

"Why didn't you use the back doors?" Beth asked. She regretted the question the second it left her lips.

Her mothers eyes looked shocked and offended. Zach only scoffed. I'll stay out of your red carpet pathway, princess. Don't worry. He told her, telepathically. Rolling his eyes, he walked away from her. Mrs. Harlow was right behind him. However, she didn't leave before giving her daughter a scolding look.