Harper passed the ice-cream to Scott and climbed off of the couch to talk to Harry who had wondered to the kitchen. She noticed his hands shaking slightly as he poured himself a drink.

"You okay?" She asked.

He swallowed thickly and turned to face her, "it took all day but I found out what my mother left me."

"That's great... right?" Her smile faltered.

Nodding, he replied, "of course, of course. But my mother had a lot more than I was expecting. She left every single thing to me, it turns out she had no one else."

Harper frowned, stroking his arm lightly, "I'm sure you were enough for her."

Harry nodded again but said nothing for a while. He took sips of his drink as they sat in a somewhat awkward silence. Sometimes the siblings had lots to talk about, but a lot of the time it was just silent between them. Neither knew what to say.

"I'm going to go to bed," he softly spoke, standing up, "I'll see you in the morning."

Harper smiled, "goodnight."

As soon as he left her head dropped into her hands. Creating a good relationship with her half brother was going to be more complicated than she initially thought.

...

"Hey, babe," Harper was met by a kiss on the cheek and a tired smile from her boyfriend, "how are you?"

"I'm good," she beamed back as they began to walk to economics together, "tried talking to Harry last night but it was so awkward."

"No way," Stiles spoke sarcastically, "a situation you're in that's awkward? That's never happened before."

Harper playfully smacked his chest as they walked into Coach Finnstock's classroom. Stiles took his seat next to  Harper, both of them immediately pulling out their text books. The Empath was forced to sit through the next half an hour of Coach droning on about how much lacrosse players are paid when she noticed Stiles doodling beside her.

Only he wasn't doodling normally. His hand was frantic as he scribbled something across his page over and over again. His eyes were trained on whatever he was doing, but he didn't seem all there.

Her eyebrows furrowed together and she tried to tap him with her pen, but Coach noticed.

"Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?" He called.

When there was no reply, his eyebrows knitted together and he grew angry. Lifting the whistle around his neck to his lips, he blew into it harshly, snapping Stiles out of his daydreaming state immediately.

"Stilinski!" He yelled at the dazed teenage boy, "I asked you a question."

"Oh, um, sorry," Stiles blinked, "what was the question?"

"It was, 'Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?'" Coach put on a sarcastic smile.

"Oh," Stiles frowned, "well, I am now."

Coach calmed down a little but he still pointed his finger at Stiles as he warned him, "Stilisnki, stop reminding me why I drink... Every night. Does anyone else wanna answer the question on the board?"

Stiles turned his head to look at Harper who was already watching him, her brown eyes filled with concern. She felt an overwhelming sense of guilt for some reason.

"I'm okay," he murmured, knowing exactly what she was thinking, "I just fell asleep for a second."

"Stiles, you weren't asleep," Harper was slightly horrified as she pointed at his page.