Hidden Clues

Carissa POV

"Wherever you want," I retorted, "I just need information, as much as I can get." I'd been trying so hard to keep eye contact with him and not let my eyes wander down to his perfectly chiseled abs. Dang. He's gorgeous. Wait. No. I can't think these things. I don't have a chance with someone like him so just focus on the mission! "I'm just going to tell you what I know." His voice was so soothing that I could've listened to him all day. "And that is?" I prodded, my voice laced with annoyance.

His signature smirk appeared. "Well isn't someone a bit impatient," he remarked, winking. Dang. His eyes are like emeralds with flakes of Irish green. "Oh shut up," I replied playfully, flashing him a toothy grin. He was quick to laugh and feed off of my words. "I thought you wanted me to talk but I guess I can stop," his mellow voice mocked. I just rolled my eyes which cued a hardy laugh from Axton. His laughter made him lean back into the couch allowing me to marvel at his upper half. Wow. He is fine.

His laugh soon subsided and he spoke yet again, "alright, alright, it's time to be serious. I have a lot to say." He was trying not to smile as raised my brows and agreed, "yeah, yeah." "Ok, so what I've found is that the Capital Building during my time and the Capital Building in yours have a different layout," he stated, adjusting the Ray Bans on his face. "What do you mean?" I closes my eyes and shook my head, trying to make sense of his words. "Exactly what I just said," he replied dryly. "Well no kidding," I' shot back, "I meant like, how is it different?"

He took in a breathe then exhaled before speaking again, "In my time, the Capital Building, as you saw, only has a hallway with one cell as it's ninth floor. I believe that on that floor there's more than the eye can see," he leaned forward, putting his elbows on his knees and resting his face on clasped hands. "This is because in your time, the ninth floor is used as a robotics lab, a very important robotics lab. This got me thinking that there was no way Mr. Mortem would ever get rid of it but that he may try to hide it instead." "Wait. What're you saying?" I was struggling to see where he was going with this. His emerald eyes met mine more squarely, "I'm saying that the lab is still there, on the ninth floor. Just hidden." I looked at him incredulously, "how? How is that even possible?" "Well, remember that little panel on the wall that you used to free me?" I nodded my head. "I think that's how they're able to hide it. From information I've gathered and common sense I'm pretty sure I know how Mr. Mortem does it." I opened my mouth to question him further but instead decided to close it and let him continue.

"The cell I was kept in was in a hallway that led to the exit stairs meaning I was right next to the outer wall of the building. With this in mind, it leads me to believe that the whole rest of the floor is still the robotics lab." "How would they get into it then?" I blurted skeptically. "That's where the wall panel comes in. It's a face scanner so what I'm assuming is that certain people have facial recognition for opening the lab and others don't. Like the face you used to open my cell. That particular person had access to prisoners but not the lab. Catch my drift?" He quizzed and again, I nodded my head slowly, "yeah I think I'm getting it. So basically some personnel have access and some don't?" I recapped for conformation. "Yeah. And I noticed that there was a slight separation in the center of the wall opposite of the cell I was in so I think that's where the opening for the lab may be. So, basically, they scan their face then the wall opens for them to enter before closing again," his eyebrows knitting together a bit as he spoke. "Ok, yeah, that makes sense. Thank you," I was a bit surprised by his perceptiveness.

Still having many questions I decided I'd ask how this was supposed help me. "Read between the lines Carissa," he stated waving a hand in front of his face for emphasis. "I-I can't" I sputtered. "My brain doesn't work that way. I've never been able to see far into things," I felt so pathetic that I turned my head, unable to look at him. He moved a hand over to rest on my wrist. "Hey, it's ok, we're all different. Let me help you see," he offered, giving me a gentle squeeze.

Omg guys! I'm so sorry! I know it's been like ages since my last publish but I've been so busy! So much crazy stuff has happened and I hadn't been able to get around to writing! I feel like this chapter might be a bit bleh and I'm sorry for that but I'm hoping to finish connecting all the dots next chapter and really start to get this story moving!
Lots of love
-Tulla