Prison Break

Axton POV

I was taken directly to my cell after the little chat with Mr. Mortem. I was shocked to see it didn't entirely resemble a prison. It was all white like the whole rest of the building of course, but on the bright side, there was a bed. A perfectly white, plush twin bed that was set up against the righthand corner of the cell. On the other side, a stainless steel desk and chair sat up against the wall.

Now I didn't know too much about prison cells, but I did know that they weren't this nice. I also knew that they had bars in place to keep the prisoners in the cells but here, there were none...until I stepped into the cell. As soon as I stepped foot inside, after Grant took off my cuffs, the same neon blue, paralyzing tech appeared in the form of bars at the front of my cell. Well, that makes sense. There's no way to escape from this cell without being paralyzed first. Whoever engineered these was brilliant.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I awoke the next morning to the singsong voice of Mr. Mortem. I had hoped he was joking about his visit but, apparently he wasn't. This really sucked because the bed was surprisingly better than the one I'd been sleeping on at home. Also, sleeping helped me forget that I was in this hellhole that seemed to be disguised as some sort of twisted heaven. God, help me.

"Wakey, wakey, sleepyhead! We need to talk and I brought you a little something!" It's way too early for this nonsense. "I'm up, what do you want?" I snapped back. "Ooo, someone's not a morning person. That's ok, we'll fix that," Mr. Mortem sounded amused, like he was enjoying this. I decided he wasn't going to leave me alone until I talked to him so I got up, grabbing the chair from the opposite side of the cell. I placed the chair in front of Mr. Mortem and sat in it, my patience dwindling.

"What do you want?" I asked again. This time, I got an answer. "Well, I wanted to give you these." He handed me a pair of glasses, Ray Bans just like the ones that broke except, these were snow white instead of jet black. "I figured if your going to be in here, you might as well be able to see," he said, sounding quite sincere for once. "Thanks," I was trying hard to read between the lines because I knew that couldn't be all he came down here for.

He quickly answered my questions for me, though. "Now, I know you contacted some little buddy from way back in time. I know it was a girl, but what I don't know, is her name. Care to share?" He asked, raising a bushy, black eye brow. Quite frankly, I didn't, so I told him. "No, not really. It's none of your business, thanks for asking though." Let's just say I'm a bit of a smart aleck who doesn't care too much about what people think.

"Bold. Reminds me of your mother, I do recall meeting her once, with her parents." He saw the look of loss on my face as he continued to talk, knowing he'd hit a nerve. "Oops, I forgot, you don't know your mother...or who she is, sorry about that one, son. Now, it is my busi-" I cut him off, "NO! No, you don't feel sorry one bit and I don't want you to! And no, I'm not telling you a single thing, so you can just-just go!" I was angry at this point. "Alright. I'm done playing games with you," his whole demeanor changed instantaneously like a switch; from light and playful to serious and sinister. "I tried to play nice but now it's going to get rough. You have until tonight to tell me, voluntarily, after that, I'll get it from you forcefully. The choice is yours, Axton," at that, he turned and walked away, back down the hall where he came from. I sat there for a bit with my angry thoughts. ARGH! I'm so done with him and his bull crap! I need to get out of here!

Then almost as if on cue, the neon blue bars dropped and before me stood the most gorgeous girl I'd ever seen. "Come on, lets go! Now! I need your help!," her voice was urgent but still cool and collected. She had chestnut colored hair with a fiery red color at the tips, her eyes were the prettiest hazel, and her body was slender but still had subtle curves. I was so mesmerized by her beauty, that I didn't snap out of my daze until her soft, thin hand grabbed mine. This time she was yelling, "IF YOUR'E WHO I THINK YOU ARE, WE HAVE TO MOVE! NOW! BEFORE THEY REACH US!" I didn't question her, I just nodded and ran with her down the hall, towards the emergency exit, staircase. Who is this girl? I didn't know but I couldn't wait to find out.

Alright guys, things are about to get crazy so bare with me.