Thirty-two • War

Start from the beginning

A rose with tainted blood.

We both knew what it meant, I knew why I saw my death. The time has come when I finally needed it, Rosaleen gave me her gift of visions and now, I know the terrifying end of the war that will be my fate. Death.

"What did you see?" Dimitrius tried to get his answers from me but I was caught up with what was really happening. This time, it's not a vision anymore, it is the spiteful reality of the prophecy.

"Felicity, focus your eyes on me, tell me what your vision was!" Still, I didn't answer him, I was in a frantic sense and all I wanted to do was to put peace in this chaos.

"Find my mother, please." Those were the only words that came out of my mouth but Dimitrius dared not to leave my side. So I screamed, "Find my mom and keep her out of this war zone!"

He still didn't oblige so I grasped the knife that was placed on his side and my determination consumed my fear. I am ready to bring him down. For Rosaleen, for Odette's child, for my mom, for the Felicity that was before she became a Lowell.

"Looking for someone?" The fighting between everyone ceased, the air's silence became dense and suffocating. I knew that if I turned to see who was on the other side, it would be Dominic with someone I cared for.

Dimitrius took a step back and said, "Let her go, Dimitrius. I thought this was between the two of us, brother."

An evil laugh erupted when Dimitrius has said his last word. "It's between me and all of you, Dimitrius. It will always be between me and your precious mate."

I saw Dimitrius' hands clench and because I was brought up and that made me turn around and face them. Dominic was holding my mother's neck and her face told everyone that if he gripped tighter, he could end her life.

"Didn't you love her?" The question was from someone else, it was Odette's. "Oh, no, you don't. I had to put a protection potion in her to test you, Dominic. You left her for dead!"

Now the war included the witches. Odette didn't stop there, the tears she held back freely fell and she said, "You killed my child, Dominic! You killed my sister, my child, and I'm not letting you kill my niece as well!"

Sister. They were sisters which means, she is my aunt.

"What makes you think that a witch would end my life, Odette?" Dominic dropped my mother and charged at Odette but then, he wasn't able to come any closer to her because a boundary suddenly appeared.

"You're intelligent, Dominic. You know that I wouldn't be the one to end your pathetic life."

With that, all other witches appeared and spoke in a language that I couldn't understand. Slowly, word after word, the witches took down Dominic's vampires and they all laid unconscious on the ground.

"Thank you for the snack, Dominic, my wolves are a bit vampire-hungry today."

Alpha Lorenzo also came with his werewolf packs and the vampires turned into meat and flesh for the wolves to eat. Lorenzo looked at me and nodded in acknowledgment. Odette, Amara, and Genevieve, we all shared glances before looking back at Dominic.

I expected him to be in shock that all his allies were down but it wasn't the case, he stood there with proud and pride like he won the game. With Dimitrius beside my mother, the sorceresses beside the werewolves, and Katherine along all other vampires behind me, it was only a matter of time before this war ends.