Twenty-six • Fun

King Dimitrius Stone's Point of View

I smiled widely when I saw Felicity's first reaction when we entered McDonald's. At first, I wasn't sure whether this was the best place to bring her but based on her reaction, I harbored no regrets.

"Wow," she gasped.

I chuckled at her jaw-dropping face and using my thumb, I slowly closed it. "Not much people have that expression on their first date when they're brought here, Felicity," I chuckled.

Her expression went from happy to surprised. "D-date?" She stated but came more like a question.

"Yes, like normal people," I answered her before picking up the tray of burgers and fries that I ordered.

As soon as I placed it on our table, Felicity grabbed the napkins and placed it on her lap. She looked at me, waiting for me to do the same but I did otherwise. "What?" She questioned.

I grabbed the napkin, folded it again and placed it back on the table. Then, I opened the catsup and squeezed it onto the tissue paper.

"Dip the fries and eat," I told her and she looked at me with confusion. She honestly looked so cute right now and I couldn't hide the amusement in my face.

She did what I told her to do but added another thing, she used a fork to pick up the fries! Felicity Lowell, you will be the death of me.

"These potato wedges are so small! They're also good," she hummed. Again, I laughed at what she said, enjoying her adorable expressions. "First of all, these are not potato wedges," I pointed to the fries. "You call them french fries."

Who knew that a queen could have never tasted simple fast foods before? Even as a vampire king, I did. All formalities aside, seriously? How did she even last her teenage years without knowing McDonald's?

"I've tried burgers before!" she exclaimed happily as if trying to prove a point. "Mary used to bring me some whenever she grills them. It's always good and I loved the pickles in it." The smile on her face was evident.

Mary. It's been a while since the day I've seen my sister's journal about the revelation of Mary's true identity. I have a lot of questions about why she never told her the truth but I guess the real question was, how did she even fake her own death?

"Dimitrius?" Felicity questioned and that's when I realized that I must have zoned out for a minute. "I'm sorry, I just kind of got lost in the moment," I told her honestly and she just nodded.

Felicity and I each ate our cheeseburgers and every moan she made out of the deliciousness did nothing to help me down there. It's probably a good thing that she could not see what's under the table.

"Don't do that sound, please?" I asked her and she looked at me confused with some fries in her mouth and catsup on the side of her lips.

"What sound?" She asked me but I told her to not mind it anymore. "Nothing," I smiled and my thumb took off the sauce on her mouth and I brought it to my lips.

"Have you ever tried soda before?" I asked her and she shook her head. What a true princess she has been. I'm certain that she has also never tried to drink alcoholic beverages before. This girl's as innocent and pure as she smells and looks.