Five • Coronation

A day peacefully passed without anxieties or worries. It means that today is the day that I will be crowned as Queen Felicity.

My family has trained me to be the perfect queen. My mother molded and sculpted me to be the ruler of the people. She has always taught me everything and they all expect me to be what they want me to be.

Little did they know, things are going to change today.

Yesterday, I roamed around the palace, wandering mostly on the gardens. I needed space to think. The tension between me and Dimitrius only grew larger after the incident on that breakfast day.

Every time I opened up the topic to apologize, he doesn't react. I knew it didn't hurt him physically since a vampire practically heals at any second but they do have emotions as well.

Someone knocked on my door and asked, "Princess Felicity, may I come in?" I instantly knew that it was Mary, she was told to prepare me for the ceremony.

"Come in," I granted. She entered with my gown and the accessories I am supposed to wear. Unlike other queens, I do not need nor do I want a corset.

If there's anything that my mother and I have agreed on, it's not letting me hide my body curves. I do not like training my waist to be small enough to please the people.

I do not like putting heavy make-up to cover my imperfections. I do not wear high heeled shoes to make myself look tall enough. I love my body the way it is and no one can ever change the way I see myself, not even my family.

"Felicity, how do you want to do your hair?" Mary asked. It surprises me that I am not being forced to wear a tight bun with a load of thick hairspray.

"I'll let my waves cascade below my shoulders," I said. Mary proceeded on brushing my brown wavy hair and she did a waterfall braid to finish it off.

The next thing I did was putting a little powder on my face and tint on my lips. Although I sometimes put some foundation, mascara, and eyeliner, I chose to look more natural today.

"Even with a robe, you look stunning, Princess. I know that you want privacy while changing, I'll see you later, queen," Mary complimented and left the room. I stepped over my walk-in closet and proceeded to put on my dress.

I designed my own coronation gown. An off the shoulder, blue, front split elegant gown. It shows off my neck, my back, and my collar bones. I made sure not to design a dress that would be too revealing. The split in the middle only gave a view of my long fair-skinned legs.

My mother gave me a set of white silver jewelry with earrings, bracelet, and a dashing necklace. Father scoffed at my dress when he first saw it since I look like Cinderella but one thing's for sure, being a queen is not a dream nor a wish that my heart makes.

Then, I put on my silver heeled sandals and lastly, a cloud of perfume to hug my body and make me smell beautiful. After my preparations, I made sure that I have all the accessories I needed then, I stepped out of my wardrobe to meet a gazing Dimitrius.

Even with a plain white shirt and black jeans, he never failed to look good. Three days with him yet he never looked any less hot. We both stared at each other and it was like my eyes were drawn to his.

We both snapped ar our stare when the bells started chiming. It was time for the crowning ceremony. "Only for today," I told Dimitrius.

He looked at me with confusion when his eyes landed on a plain black collar that was on my hands. Since the day he got here, I never put it on but today, I'm going to make a statement.

I put the collar on his neck and placed it on the loosest hole. The last thing I want is a suffocating vampire while a crown is being placed over my head.

When I opened the door, Dimitrius walked behind me while a marching music echoed through the whole palace.

"I shall be your escort for today," A man on his tuxedo humbly bowed. He held out his hand which I hesitantly held. We walked on the shimmering red carpet that led to the golden doors of the grand ballroom.

The doors were closed since it will open when my father calls out my name. Along the red carpet were two lines of all the palace guards. They all bowed in respect which I briefly acknowledged.

After a couple of minutes, the crowd on the ballroom silenced. Then, the orchestra played a sweet humming melody which was followed by the doors opening.

"Kings and Queens, Princes and Princesses, Knights and Warriors, Ladies and Gentlemen, Let us all welcome my heir, Princess Felicity Lowell!"

With my father's last words, everyone applauded and I took that as the cue to enter the ballroom. Just like how my mother said, chin up, long neck, look straight, and be proud.

Men and women of different ages and classes stared at me as I walked further until I reached my family's throne. "You look beautiful, daughter," my father whispered.

"Thank you," I answered while my mother and I exchanged kisses and my brother and my father gave me embraces.

Then, the ceremony began. My mother took the honor to speak the long vows and promises which I needed to fulfill as part of my responsibilities. All of which I responded with two simple yet committing words, "I do."

A ritual took place such as slicing my hand and letting my blood drop on an ignited candle that symbolized my solemn pledge that my kingdom is now my family.

Everyone waited until the part that they all were anticipating for.

"Princess Felicity Lowell, Do you accept The Lowell Kingdom as the New Queen and sovereign of your family's empire?"

I took a deep breath and exhaled the words, "I do."

The last thing that will complete the ceremony happened. My mother removed her divine crown and placed it over my head. The crown felt heavy enough to remind me of my new authority as their leader.

With that, a sheer round of applause came from the audience along with my family. Now, I am a different person.

I am Queen Felicity Lowell, ruler of my kingdom and I vow that from this moment onwards, change will come.

• • • • •

Hello, readers! The coronation day finally happened. I hoped this chapter was interesting and appealing to your eyes. It was such an enjoyable time writing this enchanted-filled chapter.

1.)  What do you think of this chapter?
2.) Comment what you think will happen next!
3.) For Felicity's role, Danielle Campbell or Victoria Justice? Any suggestions are fine as well.
4.) For Dimitrius' role, any suggestions?
5.) Should I maintain chapters with a thousand word length or make it longer?
* Please vote and comment any ideas/suggestions*