Sixteen • Chaos

Third Person's Point of View

Me? Felicity wondered to herself. A lot of bizarre things have happened to her yet it only gets weirder every time. First, she's a girl from some prophecy. Then, a mate of the vampire king and now, she has a gift.

If someone had told her long ago that she would be the woman she is today, Felicity would have laughed straight in their faces.

When she gave both Dimitrius and Katherine her look of confusion, Katherine gave a knowing look and sigh to Dimitrius before excusing herself. She really did want some time alone to talk to her sister, Rosaleen.

Today marks Rosaleen's fifty-seventh death anniversary. Even though it had happened a long time ago, the pain and the scars still never faded from every vampire and human that loved her. Rosaleen will forever be remembered and avenged for.

After letting Felicity take everything in, Dimitrius finally spoke, "No one knows how you'll be able to use her gift." It was true, Rosaleen's last words echoed through his head, "She'll have my gift on the time she needs it at the most."

For years he has wondered what time Felicity would need such power and up to this moment, he still hasn't found his own answer.

"I don't understand," Felicity muttered but still clearly distracted by her thoughts. On the deepest depth of her mind, chaos erupted. Why me? It was one of the questions that kept replaying on her head but there were no answers to her avail.

Just as Dimitrius opened his mouth to explain the situation further, a noise caught his attention. No, it wasn't a scream or a cry for help. His ears simply heard loud gasps, hard breathing, and frantic heartbeats. Not only did he hear the commotion, he smelled fear and anger upon his whole empire.

"Stay here," he sternly told Felicity before disappearing in less than a second. It was like a bubble popping in front of Felicity's eyes.

She didn't know what was going on and she knew better than not following him so she let herself wander in the garden.

There were at least one hundred names that she saw. Some were even familiar as she read because the vampires who were buried were once servants and slaves in her castle.

Then, she sat close to Rosaleen's grave and talked to her like she was just beside her, listening, and alive.

Like any normal person would, she introduced herself not as a queen but as a friend. Felicity told some stories about her life until it got deeper by the story of the modern time.

Felicity didn't just talk to her, she confided in her like she trusted Rosaleen. Even though it may have looked unusual for others, she felt ease upon opening up about her private life.

When she got to the part of wanting to let her feelings out about Dimitrius, she hesitated. It wasn't because she didn't feel anything for him, no, she stopped because something from behind her moved.

It wasn't the same feeling when Dimitrius or any other vampire would have appeared suddenly behind her. This time, the air around her felt thick and dangerous. It was as if something bad was about to happen and she only hoped one thing,

Whoever's behind me, I hope it's not you, Dominic.

- - - - - - - - - -