Eight

"Of all places I thought of finding you, I never thought it would be here." The enthusiastic voice of the whiskered blonde boomed in her ears, which were coming from behind of her. To the very least, she wasn't surprised at all.

  It had become two days. Sasuke was already out from the hospital and lived alone in his apartment. It was quite a lot of quarrelling about who would stay with him. Before the day he would leave the hospital, the pink haired lady stated that someone was needed to stay with him, to look after him. So the first choice was Satsuki, which was only natural.

  So as planned Naruto went on a visit at her place. The door was opened, he walked inside, saw various types of scrolls were here and there on the ground, the room was dimly lit by the sunray, since those windows were covered up with curtains. "What are you doing, invading my place?" came an angry voice from behind him, making him jump and looking back with horror.

  He saw an angry looking Satsuki was standing, closing her arms, but her eyes were different. They didn't held any kind of humanity, only empty gazes. "I-I just came to ask you."

  "About what?"

  "If you could watch over Sasuke." There stayed a long, deep silence. Naruto could understand what she was feeling without even looking at her eyes. He couldn't see those eyes since she was looking at the ground and the bangs were covering, slowly, barely audible voice came from the blue-eyed girl, saying, "no". Naruto without wasting time walked out after saying, "I understand". Both of them were grateful at their activity.

  Because neither Naruto could bring himself to see how broken his best friend Satsuki was, because he would broke into pieces at instant to see her like that, nor Satsuki could able to stand in front him crying her heart out, watching the very man with whom she ever started to feel love; forget everything about her. She couldn't, even if she tried to.

  Sasuke being wounded was already enough for her to feel pain and now not remembering her - was too much to handle for her.

  As soon as Naruto left the place, she closed the door, sat down leaning on the door; she sobbed continuously after hiding her face in between hands and legs.

  A depressed Naruto soon reached the hospital, carrying the news of denial. Sakura was in another room which was right beside Sasuke's, so the raven Uchiha could almost hear the bickering.

  "I will take Sasuke to my apartment." Naruto stated, his voice was full of determination.

  "You? No! If it were Satsuki I would've easily said yes, but you? Absolutely no! You don't know how to take care of yourself, you would take care of him, a wounded patient who also happens to be forget about her? No thank you!" Sakura huffed.

  "Sakura, it wasn't like Satsuki wouldn't do that, it's more like she couldn't do that. She felt pain looking at him like that. I understand her Sakura, she was feeling more than we are feeling. I mean it's more than hell if the guy don't remember you anymore whom you have just fallen in love with. She did the best thing what she thought was good."

  The same familiar name. The name that he was itching to remember. Over the time whenever he tried to think about her, he understood that his heart clinging to the warmth which only her name alone could give. But something was constantly was stopping him from remembering him, where he couldn't place his finger on.

  He wasn't naive or fool about not understanding that it was forced. But he couldn't remember the reason at all.

  As much as he wished to know everything to give comfort to that broken girl, he couldn't.