27

A/N: Trigger warning: Violent rape and sexual assault are in this chapter. Please proceed with caution.

After the wedding, I stalled going back to the palace. Instead, I sipped on several glasses of champagne alone. I watched as everyone danced, laughed and spent time together. I would rather stay at the reception than go home. Home. It was far from home, but if Carsir was there, it was home. My guard, Cael, tapped me on the back.

"Your majesty, the King was ordered me to take you back to the palace," he announced, bowing. I scoffed but stood anyway.

"Ordering me, God, who does he think he is?" I mumbled to myself, walking steps in front of Cael. Or stumbling. "Am I not an independent woman?" I demanded to my personal guard. He nodded, holding my elbow to keep me stable.

"If I may?" I waved him a silent yes and he helped to my car outside. He helped me inside the seat, put my belt on for me before getting shotgun beside the driver.

"Where's my husband, Cael?" I called to the front.

"He is to return to the palace after you. So you have enough time to get ready," he replied, turning in his seat to look at me.

"Get ready for what?"

"For him." I sighed, closing my eyes. We arrived at the palace a short while after, and I headed upstairs to my old room. Agatha stood at the door as I entered and Cael took post outside. Agatha began untying my corset and undressed me, leaving me completely naked. I covered my breasts but she didn't even glance at them as she slipped a deep red, silk chemise over my body.

"Is this what he wants me to wear?" I asked, sitting in the chair in front of my dresser and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

"Yes, Your Majesty," she replied quickly, hurrying to release my hair out of its pins. I looked like a mess, my lipstick slightly smudged and my eyes blearily red. She brushed out my long, dark hair before twisting it into a simple three-strand braid. It lay heavy on my back as she used a makeup wipe to remove my makeup, wiping it clean of the layers I had had on. Agatha sprayed a light mist on my collarbones, a lavender scent. She finished off by putting a robe over my body and handing me a pair of flats.

"I'm I supposed to go this room now?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Like sacrifice?" She stayed quiet and I slipped my shoes on before leaving my room. I kept my eyes down and didn't meet the gaze of the guards as I walked down the long corridor. I knocked on Alias' door twice but found it unlocked and entered. The room was empty, so with a heavy sigh I took my flats off and sat on the edge of the bed. With my heart in my throat, I waited for him to arrive.

Five minutes turned to ten turned to fifteen, and twenty. I yawned and peeled my robe off my body. Maybe he wasn't going to come tonight. I crawled further into the bed, lifting the covers up before settling between the thick sheets. My eyes closed, my fatigue taking over me.

***

I woke up to the sound of soft groans. My body jerked upwards in surprise. A shadowed figure sat in front of me, my legs spread across the man. Then I felt them.

The fingers.

Two fingers were prodding at my core, sliding in and out slowly. I closed my eyes, savouring the pleasure that made me curl my toes. "I knew you were a slut, so wet for me." I froze, my eyes snapping open. Alias. He pushed me down onto the bed, his hands working my chemise off.

"No," I stammered, grabbing at Alias' arm. "I-I'm not ready-"

"Your pussy told me another story," he teased, trying again to take my clothing off. I didn't let him, jerking around. With a chuckle, he grasped the silky fabric and tore it easily in half with his hands.

"What are you doing?" I cried, reaching for the clothing but it was too far out of my grasp. I clawed at his bare chest, his weight crushing down on my hips, sending streaks of pain through my body. "Get off- you're hurting me!"

"Elena, baby, I don't think you understand how this works. You simply cannot refuse me, I am your husband. I own you," he spat in my ear, ripping my panties off. I whimpered, tears sliding down my face. "This body is mine. These tits," he cupped my breasts, his thumb flicking over the hard nipples, "are mine. And this soaking wet pussy," he roughly slid three fingers into me, "is definitely mine." My body was betraying me, making me seem aroused but I wasn't. Was I? I didn't want this, so why was my body telling him something different?

"Stop, Alias, please," I begged. I couldn't even see anything past him, he took up my whole vision but still, his body was shadowed in the pitch black of the room. He held me down with his weight, pulling his member out of his boxers. No! I opened my mouth and let out a blood-curdling scream.

He slammed his hand against my mouth, muffling my cries. "Shut up, girl, before I pull your fucking tongue out." Without any warning, he pushed himself in me, burying himself to the hilt. I sobbed harder, my mouth still covered, his rough thrusts shaking my whole body. It was at that very moment that I disconnected.

The connection that tethered my mind to my body snapped and I was floating above myself, watching. I stood at the corner of the room, watching Alias fuck the life out of me. He groaned and flipped me over, grabbing both my hands and held them behind my back. He was merciless and didn't take even a second to break. I watched myself grow silent, knowing that screaming was useless. These people knew exactly what was happening and no one could help me. No one could save me.

Alias pulled me up so my back was against his chest, his hand enclosing around my throat. His thrusts became sloppy as he choked me, my chest constricting. Dark spots clouded my vision but I fought to rasp another breath. The second he let go, he slammed my face down back onto the mattress, pulling out of my pussy. He released himself all over my back, groaning as he did so. Alias slapped my ass, hard, another wave of tears greeting my eyes.

"And this is just the beginning," he added. He didn't waste another moment and clambered out of the bed, pulling his clothes back on. He was out the door in under a minute, leaving me sitting, a bloody, trembling mess. I dried my tears off, collapsing into a heap under the covers.

In less than ten minutes, the devil had taken the angel.

And that was just the beginning.

A/N: This chapter is in no way, shape or form, condoning or attempting to normalize sexual assault. I wanted to also remind everyone that marriage does not equal consent. Consent is something that should be asked for upon every sexual encounter and should not be assumed even if you are married.