Chapter 19

Rose's POV

- Pants please, Donald asked from the bathroom.
- Do you really need them ? I joked while handing them to him.
- Shut up, Winters.
- I'm not the one who wanted to shower before getting out again.

When we got back here, Donald and I realized it was only midnight so we figured out we might as well spend a little more time with the others before definitely coming back to the dorm. But he wanted to take a shower first since he smelled like « beer, puke and smoke at the same time ».

I left my Bellas clothes for a grey hoodie and a black legging, which were way more comfortable.
My dear roommate got out of the bathroom 5 minutes later, wearing a black T-Shirt, his Treblemakers jacket and a pair of jeans.

- Let's go ?
- Let's go sunshine, he answered.

I opened Baker Hall's heavy door and the loud music suddenly assaulted us.

- Didn't remember it was that loud, I decreed.
- Me neither.

I shrugged and we started walking towards the party, but our pace was particularly slow. At some point, our eyes met and he asked me :

- Do you really want to return there ?
- Well, not really.
- Great, let's go elsewhere then !

I smiled and we got out of the campus, far from the deafening music.

- Where do you want to go ?
- No idea... You ?
- I have money, might as well spend it at Starbucks. They're opened tonight.

Sounded perfect for me so we went to Starbucks and ordered our drinks.

The waiter handed me my hot chocolate and just when I was about to grab it, it spilled all over the counter and my hoodie.

- I'm so so sorry Miss, please excuse me I didn't do it on purpose !
- It's- It's okay, not even burned so, everything's fine ! I smiled at the panicked waiter.

He immediately made me another one, while Donald asked me :

- You sure you're not burned ?
- 100% sure, don't worry about that. The only problem is that my clothes are all sticky, I said, trying not to sound disgusted.

We got out of the Starbucks a few seconds later, and that's when he told me :

- Take it off.
- Excuse me ?

He put the drink on the ground as he took his jacket off. I was quite hesitant but... Oh well there was no one around us so~

And that's how I ended up walking in the streets wearing Donald's treble jacket directly over my bra.

- Not sure that was what I meant by : more comfortable clothes, I said.
- At least it's not sticky anymore, is it ?
- A good point for you. But I swear to God if one of the Bellas sees me wear that, I'm a dead woman.

As weird as it sounded to me, this jacket was actually really comfy. But I'd never admit it ! I'd rather die !

We were following the campus' boundaries as we walked together, and eventually, we were able to see the lights of the party and hear a bit of the music.
So we decided to sit on a bench and watch it from there.

- I think I'm feeling guilty for leaving them, I admitted.
- You want to go back ?
- Of course not ! I feel guilty because I'm spending a better evening than them ! I smiled.
- Is that even true ?

I looked at him and confidently answered :

- Of course it is.

I shivered and wrapped myself even more in the jacket. Secretly, I loved to do that because I was overwhelmed by his smell and that was awe-some.
Guessing I was cold, he placed his arm around my shoulders and rubbed them softly.

This was a moment I wished I could freeze to enjoy it as long as I possibly could. Everything just felt so right ; outside the campus it was like there wasn't any Bella/Treble anymore and just us as people.

Still, there was a certain « tension » between us two. It was getting bigger and bigger and a knot started tying in my stomach. Also, my heartbeat was dangerously accelerating, just like my breathing.

- Fuck it, he finally said.

I lift my chin to look at him and, before I could realize it, his warm lips were touching mine. But they immediately separated and I felt light as a feather.
I scanned his face and lingered on his lips, probably biting my own.
When our faces came closer once again, I closed my eyes and just let things happen. Never had I ever smelled his perfume that strongly and it made me even more dizzy than I already was.

His kiss wasn't rough at all, but assured enough to make me want more. That's why I was the one who locked his lips to mine ; trying to make this moment last forever.
His hand was gently squeezing my shoulder while mine was just laying on his thigh. For this brief moment, the music from the party simply faded, just like it didn't want to disturb us in any way.

When our lips unlocked, I felt a wave of heat come to my head and the only way to exteriorize it was to laugh. A silly laugh, I knew that, but it was the only thing that could properly translate my happiness.

I don't think we've talked for the 5 minutes following our kiss. I was just laying on his thighs, breathing calmly.
But he eventually told me :

- I have some things to confess to you...
- Please don't tell me this was a bet !
- No ! Of course it was not ! he exclaimed.
- What is it then ?

He smiled like he remembered happy or funny things all of a sudden...

- Did you know that the Starbucks waiter was one of my friends ?
- No, why didn't you tell me ?
- Well the shop was not supposed to be open tonight, so he asked his boss if he could just open it to take our orders...
- Let me guess, he said yes ? I laughed. But that means you had planned that we would go out tonight ?
- Yes, just like I planned the fact that he spilled your order on you, he admitted.

I gasped in horror and slapped his thigh.

- Relax, I told him not to make it too hot... Just enough so I could lend you my jacket.
- Oh my God, Donald Walsh you're a mischievous genius ! Well, continue your confession now that you've started.

He pinched his lips before telling me everything...

• That he had planned to kiss me tonight
• That Beca helped him seduce me when I was at the Treble's house
• That Greg chose « The Human Centipede » just to scare the hell out of me
• That Jesse cut the heat of Baker's hall (that I already knew !)
• That he voluntarily hid my blankets so I would sleep with him

And finally...
That we were not even supposed to be roommates in the first place !

My only answer was :

- I don't know if I should ran away right now or kiss you ?
- Your choice...

And our lips met again.

And again.

And again.