Chapter 7

Rose's POV

- Time to rise and shine, Rose Winters !

I opened an eye but immediately closed it, blinded by the light right in my face.

- Donald let me sleep... I mumbled as I buried myself under my blankets.

- Can't do this, sunshine. Remember we both have band reunion in 2 hours.
- 2 hours ?! Why did you wake me up now ? I muttered.

He sat on my bed and pulled the blanket away before smiling :

- Because I like to spend mornings with you, obviously.
- YOU ARE A DEAD MAN.

I jumped off my bed and tried to take my blanket back but Donald was too tall for me and I didn't even touch his hand.
After a few seconds of ridiculous attempts, he decided to give it back to me, but of course I wasn't sleepy anymore.

- Hey can I ask you a question ? he told me while starting to brush his hair.
- Yes, you're a dick. You're welcome.
- Ugh, you're such a child.
- Ugh, you're such a child, I repeated with a high voice.
- Rose...
- Rose... I continued, smirking.

He threw me a defying look and said :

- Bellas can suck Treble's balls.
- Oh please we deserve way better, I scoffed.

I pushed him and he fell on his bed as I entered the bathroom.

- Anyway, what was your question ?
- I have to go to the Trebles house later, would you like to go with me after our reunions ?
- Is that a date ? I joked.
- I'd be a horrible person if I took you to a pizza-smelling, disgusting frat house for our first date.

I laughed before going out of the bathroom.

- Sure, I'll go with you. But what do you need to do exactly ?
- We plan on redecorating the basement and we need to throw a lot of things away.
- Oh so I'm here to clean up, right ?
- No you're here to prove that girls actually like me.

I turned around and rolled my eyes. Of course girls like you...

2 hours later

Donald and I decided to go to our reunions together. And as we walked down the campus, we realized we were heading to the same place : the basketball court.

Indeed, the Trebles and the Bellas were already there, in two distinctive groups.

- It would be better not to arrive together, I whispered.

He agreed and let me rejoin my friends, before he did the same five minutes later.

- Okay girls. I just received a pretty troubling information this morning... started Aubrey. It turns out the... have... reasons... really...

- We can't hear you. Dickhead Bumper is talking too loud, Amy told our leader.
- Maybe you could try to explain the situation to all of us at the same time ? Chloe carefully proposed.

The leaders looked at each other, confused, until Unicycle shouted :

- Oh come on we're not asking you to have a baby ! Just tell us already !

Bumper cleared his throat and said :

- This morning, the principal told us that Barden was participating to a new acapella championship. To be honest he didn't ask for our opinions, he just assumed we would be okay with this.

- The problem is... started Aubrey. In this championship, a university can't be represented by two bands. So they decided to make us perform... To make us perform... T-together.

She licked her lips, holding a tear back. Bumper rubbed his eyes with his hands just like it was some kind of horrible vision.

- Why don't they just choose between us ? asked Brian.
- Because if we are chosen, we will be accused of sexism and this monthly-bleeding band will never stop complaining about that. And if they are chosen, then Barden already lost.

My friends and I glared at him ; Beca murmured « I'll punch him so hard he'll be the « monthly-bleeding » one... ».

Trebles + Bellas. This was something I never thought possible. I already feared our practices together !

But on the other hand, Donald and I had the chance of spending more time together and I was happy about it. Maybe this was the little « push » I needed...

After this announcement, Beca came to see me :

- I'm going at Starbucks to get coffee, wanna come ?
- I'm sorry but I have other plans, I told her nicely. But we can go tomorrow !
- I understand. Enjoy your time with Donald, she winked before starting walking.
- I'm not going to see D... I tried to justify myself.
- Don't you worry about that Rosie ! I ship you anyway ! she exclaimed. DOSE FOR LIFE !

I laughed but stopped as soon as I saw Aubrey's suspicious look.
Ugh, her and her stupid rule...

**

I had to wait for all the girls to be gone before heading towards the Trebles house, which took quite a long time since they were all discussing the fact that we had to collaborate with our sworn enemies.

It was 5 when I arrived at the frat house.
The door opened and Greg let me in. I thanked him as I put my jacket on their couch. Bumper was sitting there. His elbows resting on the back, he was smirking at me.

- Welcome to the Devil's den...