Chapter 29 - Not Forgiven

Nick's POV

I grab my phone before running into my room. I sit on my bed, and dial Kacey's number.

It rings, and rings, before going to voicemail.

"Kacey, we really need to talk. Please call me as soon as you get this," I say, before hanging up.

I sit there for 5 minutes, waiting for her to call, even text. I grow impatient, and call her again.

One call turns into two, which turns into three, and soon enough, I'm calling for the tenth time.

This time, there's an answer. "Kacey!" I say. "It's not Kacey, it's Jillian," I hear.

I sigh. "Can you put Kacey on the phone, please?" I ask. "No way, José," she says.

"Jill, please," I beg. "No. You hurt her, Nick. Bad. And your acting is no excuse to break up with her," Jill snaps.

"Listen to me. I made a mistake. I was stupid, please just let me talk to her and try to fix this," I plead. She's silent for a moment, before sighing.

"Fine. But if you hurt her anymore than you already have, I will get on the next flight to Miami so I can come personally beat your ass," she says, before handing over the phone.

"Hello?" Kacey says. "Kacey! It's Nick," I say. "I know," she says quietly.

"Kace, listen. I made a huge mistake breaking up with you. I thought I knew what I was doing, but I was wrong," I tell her.

"Nick, I can't just immediately forgive you. You didn't even give me a good reason. I can see you wanting to break up if you were going to be gone for a year or more, but just 2 months? I didn't understand why," she says.

"Kacey, please," I beg. "I just...we can talk about this when you get back. Bye, Nick," she says, before hanging up.