Chapter 31 - Apologies

I walk into school, dreading the moment when Nick would walk in.

I walk into Coach Allen's class, and sit in my seat.

"Kace, you alright?" Isabelle asks. I nod.

"No, she isn't. She's worried about Nick," Jillian says.

"Shut up, I don't want everybody to know," I mumble.

"I think they already do. Nick tweeted about coming back," Jillian tells me.

Coach Allen taps me on the shoulder. "Jensen, they want you in the office," she says.

_________

I walk into the front office, to see the principle sitting at the desk.

"Kacey! There's someone in my office who wants to see you," he says.

I walk in, and Nick is sitting there. He hears the door shut, and stands up.

"Kacey," he whispers.

I look up at him, and the sight makes me tear up. His hair is a mess, he has bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, and his eyes are red from crying.

"Kace, I made a big mistake and I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking and I thought it would be best but I was so wrong," he says, stepping towards me.

"I'm so sorry, baby girl," he whispers, grabbing my hands.

I don't reply. Instead, I lean up and kiss him. He moves his hands to the back of my neck and my lower back.

"I said you could talk, not make out."

We turn to find the principal, shaking his head.

"Sorry," I mumble.

"Come on, let's go," Nick says, taking my hand in his and guiding me out of the office.