Chapter 1 - Wanna Dance?

"Hurry up Jillian!" I yell to my friend. "I'm almost ready!" she yells back.

I grab my shoes, slipping them on. "You said that ten minutes ago! We're going to be late," I reply. She walks out of the bathroom in a black dress, similar to my purple one.

"You look great," I say. She poses. "I know," she giggles. 

We head out to her car, and start driving to our school. Tonight is the Winter Formal. Not very exciting, but Jillian is stoked, so I'm pretending to be happy for her.

We pull into the parking lot, and walk in. I have to admit, it looks good. Blue and white lights covering the ceiling, paper snowflakes, fake snow near the DJ. It's what most girls would call magical.

I turn around and there stands Sara Pangburn. The most popular girl in school. She has such an affect on the students, she can ruin your life with a simple text. 

"Just remember, Jensen. Stay away from Nick and you'll be fine," she snaps at me. "Don't worry Sara. ,I will" I smile. 

She rolls her eyes and walks away. Jillian laughs. "She has problems, I swear."

We walk over to our friend, Isabelle, and hang out with her. We're having a great time, when the DJ grabs the mic to talk.

"Alright girls on one side, boys on the other," he tells us. Jillian, Isabelle, and I end up right by Sara. Well, I'm right by Sara.

"Okay everybody, we're going to slow it down now. So men, go pick a young lady to dance with," he says, and then starts the song. It's 'The Only Exception' by Paramore.

I see Nick coming my way, but I assume it's for Sara. That is, until he holds out his hand to me. 

"Hey Kacey. Wanna dance?"

________________________________________

So there isn't a lot of Nick Merico stories, so I started my own! Yay! By the way, the dress on the right is Kacey's.