Nine

Chapter Nine - Demi's POV

I looked up the ceiling as the thought of Joe being heartbroken ran through my mind. My confusion was still overcomig me, and I have no idea why I care. I've only seen a few signs of Joe's good side yet I believe so much. I closed my eyes as I tried to sleep. I heard footsteps outside the cabin since the windows were screened. My heart starts to race as the footsteps started to get closer. I grew stiff until I heard them descend. I looked out to see a shadow made from the post lights. I sighed and got out of bed as the sillhoutte was similar to Joe's. I quietly go out of the cabin in my sweats and a t-shirt. Summer breeze were humid so I wore revealing clothes. I didn't mind since it was dark and Joe wouldn't be able to see my bra through my shirt unless we walked through a post lamp.

"Why are you still awake?" I whispered as I got up to Joe.

He jumped slightly, startled. "Why are you still awake?" He said reversing the question.

"Well, your footsteps were really heavy." I said as we started walking around.

"I just couldn't sleep tonight and I don't want to wake my brothers." Joe said putting his hands in his basketball shorts which he uses to go to sleep.

"Joe, stop thinking about Taylor too much. It's affecting your health. Not a lot of people walk around the forest in the middle of the night."

"I'm not thinking about Taylor and it's so boring in the cabin that I'm actually too bored to go to sleep." He said making me laugh at his stupidity.

"That did not make sense at all." I said as he chuckled. We continued walking around the whole forest. When we passed by post lights once in a while, Joe would look at me making me laugh. "Stop staring at me like that."

"Yeah, well don't wear clothes like that."

"I only wear them at night when people don't see me. How would I know I'd be walking in the woods with you at twelve at night?" I said as he chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm a typical dude. All boys stare at girls when they're in revealing clothing." I giggled now as he chuckled again.

"Great, so you want me to stop wearing clothes like these?"

"No! Not at all." I giggled at his response and he stopped under a post light leaning on it.

"You're a pervert you know that?"

"At times." He whispered. He put one knee against the post and the other on the ground for support. He smiled at me and grabbed my hips bringing me closer.

"W-what are you do-doing?" I stuttered slightly as he smiled again.

"Nothing." Joe lied bringing me closer and kissed my cheek as I smiled. After he kissed my cheek he leaned in and was about to kiss my lips when we heard someone in the distance. "Crap." He whispered letting me go. "Hide behind the bush." I nodded and ran.

"Joe!" I heard Nick call searching for Joe. "Joe!" He yelled trying to make sure that Joe will hear wherever he is.

"I'm right here. Stop waking the others up." Joe said getting off the post.

"What the hell are you doing out here? You're supposed to be laying in bed peacefully sleeping."

"I know Nick. I just needed to take a walk." Joe's face saddened as he noticed me move away slightly. I sighed and made the decision to creep back to my cabin so the girls won't notice that I'm gone.

What a night it has been.