Chapter 10: Loving Those Pants

The annoying sound of my alarm clock practically drags me out of bed to bring this horrible sound to an end.

Jeez, no matter where I am or what time it is- I'll never get used to this horrific sound.

I somehow manage to stand in front of my wardrobe. I pull out some high-waisted shorts, which I bought on my first trip to Denver, and a Crop Top to cover up my stomach. It's really hot outside so I decide against my Dr.Martens and pull out my sandals. Some Make- Up and just normal curly hair and I'm all done for the day.

I walk downstairs and help Elizabeth with the breakfast for the rest of the family. When we're all done, Alex comes down right on time.

"Good Morning Alex! Did you sleep well?!, I asks enthusiastically. I wouldn't call myself a morning person but as soon as I'm awake, I'm awake.

"Good Morning Rylee! Yeah I did thanks!", he replies and sits down to eat his cereal and I join him.

After I finished breakfast, I wait outside in front of the Truck for Garret to drive me. He's getting late and I start to worry wether we'll make it on time. I lean against the Truck and tap my fingers on my leg impatiently, when I see him running towards me.

He is wearing striped pyjama pants and is trying to pull a shirt over his head, while running towards me. I can't help but burst out laughing.

"Stop laughing and get in the car! We're late." he half shouts and half laughs at me.

"You don't say!", I mumble and get in the car.

When he drops me off at school, I'm not as late as I thought I'd be. I might even make it on time if I hurry up.

All the stress, still doesn't keep me from saying my special Goodbye to Garret

"Have a nice day! Oh and... loving your pyjama pants...!", I smirk and he just rolls his eyes and pushes me out the car playfully.

"See ya!", he shouts at me, when he leaves the school's parking lot.

When I finally hear the bell that announces lunch, I've already been through Science and History. I walk out of the class room. I'm kind of nervous because of this 'date thing' with Austin but I'm also looking forward to it, since he is really funny to be around... well at least until he makes me uncomfortable about something.

I haven't even properly walked out of the class room, when someone suddenly pulls me aside. I want to scream but my mouth is covered to quickly. This someone turns me around and I look into brown eyes. Austin.

I slap his arm: " You scared the crap out of me!"

He just smirks.

"I intended to do that. Ready for our date?"

"I guess! I don't really have a choice, do I?", I ask playfully and he just shakes his head no.

I follow him into the cafeteria, where he grabs two empty plates for us and carries them to a table in the back of the room.

"Wait? What about food?", I ask stopping him by pulling his arm.

"The food here is disgusting... so I brought something different for us!", he announces and sets our plates down.

I look at him questioningly but he ignores me and just sits down, so I do what he did. He starts digging in his backpack, still ignoring me. I sit there kind of awkwardly watching him.

"So...? What did you bring?", I ask, trying to break the silence.

"Patience, little grasshopper!", he says, not looking up from his backpack.