Chapter I

"Ladies get in your spots please." The song played and I let it control my body. Taking the pain away.

After dancing we all clapped and played for a while.
"Queens, you did a good job today we'll be recording tomorrow at 8:30 pm be here before it's sold out."

Everyone nodded and I shut the music off and grabbed the stereo.

I didn't want to go home but I knew if I didn't I'd get a beaten. I didn't like the way I lived. Some days I didn't even have money to eat. All the money was spent on bills in the small apartment in L.A.

I walked in the house seeing my boyfriend sitting on the couch with a beer and my sister sitting on the table doing homework.
"Hey Violeta."She looked up from her homework.

"Hey aliya."She gave me a hug and I knew she felt safe when I was around.

"ain't gone speak to me." He got up and slammed the drink on the table.

"I'm sorry hey baby."I said fake.

"Yeah that's what I thought."He roughly gave me a hug.

"Didn't I tell you to do that homework in your room."He yelled at her.

"My room doesn't have a light." She whispered.

"Do it look like I give a fuck." He grabbed her hair and pulled her down the hall into her room.

"Why do you have to be so rough to her."He smirked.

"Talk again and you'll be locked in that closet bitch." He pushed me into the wall causing me to fall and hit my back.

"OW." I need my back for dance everything on my body I needed.

"get your ass up." He kicked me in my stomach. I stood up and fixed my shorts.

"Why you walking around in them little ass shorts anyway.."

"It's for dance. I have to be comfortable." I looked down as I talked.

"I don't want these niggas looking at you." He pulled me close to him and grabbed my butt. I was super tense.

I didn't love him like I used to. I didn't like his touch anymore. I miss that.....

CHRIS POV

"Aye trey pass me that." He passed me the blunt.

"I got a dance studio for you to be at tomorrow." My manger came in with her clip board.

"Alright what time."

"Around 8 pm."

I needed something else to do. I needed to get my mind off of karrueche. I'm taking a break from music and all I need was my daughter and dance. No bitches no nothing.

I was checking out the dance studio called Playground and I've heard they have some good dancers. ILL SEE.....

ALIYA POV

I put on my dance attire which was a crop top and nike tights.

"Can I come with you." Violeta said.

"Thought you'd never ask." I looked at her weird. She never liked dance. Weird.

"You okay baby girl." I turned from the mirror to her. She paused and look down.

"I'm good." She's acting strange. Not wanting to be home.. Okay?

We pulled up to the dance studio and it was 7:57. I had to set everything up.

"Wanna help me put the stereos up." She nodded.

I grabbed my phone and connected the bluetooth to the speaker.