Chapter Fourteen-No Rest For The Wicked

HAYLEY

Elijah and Klaus has confronted Hayley hours before about her being Julia's sister. She knew that she was Julia's sister, and she knew Julia needed to know the truth. After begging Klaus and Elijah to let her tell her, they finally said yes. Now, as Hayley stands in the balcony door watching Julia sit on a chair taking in the breeze, she feels as though she's gonna cry. She sniffles a little to hold back crying, but the noise causes Julia to turn around.

"Hayley," She says with a wide smile. "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages."

"Yeah, same here." Hayley says with a laugh, covering up her watery eyes. "Could I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah, anything." Julia says. A look of worry comes over her face as she sees the expression on Hayley's face.
Hayley sits down on a seat across from Julia. At first, she's quiet. Twiddling with her fingers, she hopes for some reason she'll not have to tell Julia this. She hopes if she sits here long enough in silence, years will go by, and the world will just fade away. A million different ways of Hayley having to tell Julia she's her sister race through her mind, but only the real version will happen once she tells her.

"Hayley, what's wrong?" Julia breaks Hayley out of her thoughts. Leaning forward, she takes Hayley's hands in her. "You're shaking."

"It's a little chilly." Hayley jokes, pointing up at the sky.

"You're not shaking because you're chilly." Julia says, "Was it Elijah or Klaus?"

"What? No." She replies.

"Hayley, if they threatened you or did something I swear to God-"

"No, Julia they didn't do anything."

"I'm going to go give them a piece of my mind. I told them not to do anything to you-"

"You're my sister, Julia." Hayley bursts out.
With Julia's back to Hayley, she sees the young mothers body tense. The sudden swift and welcoming motions of Julia are suddenly stern and hard. Turning around, a tear falls down her cheek, rushing to the ground below her.

"What?" Julia says in a whisper. "I-I can't be."

"You can, and you are." Hayley says gently, standing up and walking over to her...her sister.

"But, but how? I mean...I'm the last Crescent wolf. If we were sisters you'd be one too."

"I am." Hayley says, taking off her sweater she turns around.
Julia feels her blood run cold, and her head feels suddenly light. Staring at the same mark Julia possesses on her back, an overwhelming feeling of relief but also fear comes over her.

"I'm supposed to be the Alfa." She says, sitting down on a chair besides Julia. "But since the remaining Crescent wolves are just you and I, there's no pack to lead."
Her heart beats faster than it ever has in her chest. The sound of it echoes in Julia's ears as she takes deep breaths.

"So, you're my sister?" Julia finally says, looking over at Hayley. "How do you know?"

"Our parents, they had diaries." Hayley says, taking the one she has with her from Klaus and Elijah out of her bag and handing it to Julia. "And they wrote about us. My name before being put into foster care was Andréa, and yours is Julia."
She opens the diary and scans through the pages. With each flip of a page, her heart skips a beat. This, this was her fathers diary...her father.

"Klaus and Elijah?"

"They know. They found out earlier today and asked me about it."
Julia just nods and keeps her eyes glued to the diary. Every page, every word, Julia tries to picture her father. Writing in the sun on a Sunday afternoon, or sitting at a desk in the house, Julia hears her fathers voice echo in her head as she reads.