Chapter Six- Come home, baby

KLAUS

It had been 8 months since he dropped Julia off at the house. He wished so many times that he could go out there, just to make sure that her and the baby were fine.
  Over the past months, they had fought against the witches. Half of their coven has been destroyed, Sophie Deveraux along with them. The only ones that remained were a dozen witches that swore their allegiance to the Mikaelsons. At the moment, they had no elder, which caused the remaining witches to not have access to their power until a new elder was chosen. Klaus didn't mind that, no witch problems meant there was no problems in general.
  Marcel and him had battled over who truly ruled the city, but at the moment the vampires were with Marcel. That left only Elijah and Rebekah on his side, and even at times Rebekah talked of Marcel as some God, which angered Klaus.

"It's around the time, brother." Elijah says that morning, walking into Klaus room.
  Klaus ignores his brother and continues with his painting. In moments of aggravation and pain, Klaus turns to painting and drawing as his escape from the reality that haunts him. These past months, he's found himself painting more so than he ever has. At one time, he caught himself painting Julia, but stopped himself from continuing. It felt like he was violating something about her when he painted her, as if he needed her permission to paint her.

 "Niklaus

"Niklaus." Elijah says, walking towards his brother.

"I know it's almost time." Klaus says.
Elijah nods his head and looks towards Klaus' paintings. They were detailed and exquisite to Elijah's eyes. He had forgotten how talented his brother was when it came to art.

"I believe if we were humans in the 1800's, you would have become the greatest artist this world has ever seen." Elijah says, running his finger tips over a painting. "You're work is exquisite, Niklaus."
Klaus just glances up at Elijah for a moment before focusing once again on his painting.

"I'm sure Julia would agree." He says, turning to face Klaus. "When she comes back you must show her your work."

"I'll do as I please with my art." Klaus snaps at his brother.
  Elijah chuckles and stands facing his brother. He knows why Niklaus is angry, but he knows better than to urge his brother to tell him the reason.

"The child is due any day now." Elijah says. "Camille called my yesterday to inform me."
  Klaus heart skips a beat at the words Elijah says. Soon, he'll meet his daughter, and soon, Julia will return.

"When will they be here?" Klaus asks, placing his paintbrush down and wipes his hands of the wet paint.

"Julia wishes to have the child in New Orleans." Elijah says, a look of joy in his eyes. "They are to be here by tomorrow."
Klaus faces lights up from the sound of the news. He feels like it's been years since he's seen Julia, and now to see her days before giving birth, his heart begins to race.

"We need to clean up the room which Julia and the baby will be staying in." Klaus says, standing up and walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Elijah's calls to him.