Chapter Eleven- Sweet, Sweet Home

JULIA

The silence that grows between Niklaus and herself makes her nervous. Never before has she seen him so quiet, so deep in his thoughts.

"No." He finally says with a furious shake of the head. "It's not true."

"Klaus, it is. The more I think about what she said, the more it begins to make sense. I have parents I never met, an interest in the supernatural since I was a young child." Julia scoffs. "Hayley is right, Klaus."
Julia begins to unbutton the front of her shirt and takes it off. Turning around so her back faces Klaus, she points to a make on her shoulder.

"That mark, on my back. It's the mark of the Crescent wolves." She says.
Slowly, she hears Klaus' footsteps behind her. Then, his fingers lightly touch the mark, and it causes him to feel angry with himself for never noticing it before.

 Then, his fingers lightly touch the mark, and it causes him to feel angry with himself for never noticing it before

"The mark is very light, almost hardly noticeable." Klaus says, his breath creeping along Julia's neck. 

"For my whole life, I assumed it was a birth mark." Julia says, putting her shirt back on. "Klaus, I was lied to my whole life."
  He looks into her eyes with a look of sadness. The pain she feels right now, the pain of deception, the pain of confusion, he's felt. With a swift motion, Klaus places his hand on her cheek softly, pulling her face closer to his.

"We will find out everything you could possibly want to know about your family, I promise you." He says to her, mouths inches apart.
  For a quick moment, Julia wants to kiss Klaus. But instead, she lets him decide what to do. Almost instinctively, Klaus kisses her forehead gently, and then holds her head against his chest. She closes her eyes as she rests her head on his chest, and feels his heart beat racing. A smile comes across her lips as she listens, reminding her of a few nights ago when he lay beside her in her bed.
Pulling back from Klaus' embrace, she smiles at him. Every time she sees his eyes, she thinks of Adira. They have the same big blue eyes. She turns around and begins to walk away from him, in confusion, Klaus asks her where she's going.

"To go get my baby girl back. I don't care what Elijah says, I'm tired of waking up knowing it's another day that I won't see her." Julia says, holding back tears.

"I'm coming with you." Klaus says, grabbing his jacket and heading towards the car with her.

"What about Tyler and the werewolves? They need you here."

"Elijah and Marcel can handle them until we return." He says, opening the passenger door for her and shutting it behind her.
As Niklaus gets into the car and turns it on, before he starts driving he stares at the steering wheel.

"What's wrong?" Julia asks. She's never seen Niklaus like this.

"Adira will be five months old when we see her." He replies, an unbelievable chuckle in his voice. "My daughter will be five months old."
With that, Klaus looks at her, smiles, and begins to Drive to the Ocean State of Rhode Island.