Version 3 Chapter 22

Originally Posted: Late 2014

Authoress's Note: Shorter Chap than usual, meh, I write with the flow, oh well. The chap's more reader-centric than I usually write, but it should give a few answers to the mysteries so far~ So I hope y'all enjoy!~

Side box is the Kyo Kara Maoh gang! From left to right- Gwendal, Wolfram, Conrad, Yuu-Kun, and Gunter (You'll see them introduced in the chappy~) 

And give me a heads up if I really messed up something, took a few lines from the actual show Kyo Kara Maoh, which I don't own, there's my disclaimer- get reading! :) 

~~~~~~

"There he is!" You yelled, catching a glimpse of the aura of the black haired boy. Down on the road a horse trotted across the trails, different from the one you had seen earlier with the blond rider. Yuu-Kun seemed to be riding with a brunette soldier now. You weren't sure why, but there was something familiar about the man, even from this distance. You just couldn't put your finger on what.  

"Yuu-Kun!" You yelled, throwing your arm above you into the air and waving down at the boy, trying to catch his attention.

"Yuu-Kun!" Yuri yelled after the other Yuuri. Then again, it might have helped if Yuuri actually knew that you decided to give him a nickname.

"Hey kid! We're talking to you!" Train yelled. You could hear Haku growl, probably because the three of you were yelling right near his ear, or something like that.

Train's yell managed to get through Yuu-Kun's thick skull at least. He finally threw a glance back at the four of your and his jaw nearly dropped.

"There are dragon rides too!?" He yelled like an excited five year old.

"Yuuri what are you-" The brunette's head turned back to see the four of you. His eyes widened slightly, but he didn't say anything yet.

They pulled up aside a small wood cottage and Haku slowed down slightly so that he could descend.

He flew down to the ground, circling the spot he was going to land on. He stopped suddenly, and the three of you were standing on your feet. Haku reappeared in the center of the three of you and stretched his back out.

"Aww, we weren't too heavy were we?" You asked, worried that you had hurt him by jumping on.

"No, not at all." Haku shook his head.

"This park has amazing special effects! Hey guys! I'm glad to see that y'all got out alright!" Yuu-Kun said as he limped slightly towards you. And you said limp mostly because it looked like his butt was feeling the hurt after just getting off the horse.

"Can't say the same for your butt, what first time riding?" Yuri asked with a small smirk.

"S-so what! So what was that special effect up there?" Yuu-Kun asked.

"Oi, kid you don't seriously think that Haku turning into a dragon was a special effect do you?" Train asked, raising a brow at him. "Even I'm not that dense."

"Conrad?" Everyone's heads snapped towards you. You were still staring at the brunette who was staring at you with the same look of amazement.

"(Name)?"

"Wow! Who would've thought that I would've run into you here! You barely look a day older the last time that I saw you!" You ran over to the familiar man, throwing your arms around him quickly. Conrad was a friend of your dad's, he was like an older brother growing up. You just remembered being young when your family would take you on vacations and trips. It was one of the occasions when you didn't hold a grudge against your parents for leaving you all the time. When you got to a certain age though, those trips slowly stopped and stopped. But now that you thought about it, those planes you got on could have just been gummi ships in disguise.