Emma Watson

Both men and women
should feel free to be sensitive.
Both men and women
should feel to be strong.

I don't want the fear of failure
to stop me from doing
what I really care about.

Just don't let anyone tell you what you can or what you cannot do. Just don't allow it. Be whatever you want to be.

I keep telling myself that I'm a human being who's not made to look like a doll, and that who I am as a person is more important than whether at that moment I have a nice figure.

I feel like Hermione is important not just because she's smart... but because she told girls that it was okay to be slightly bossy and that it was okay to be studious and slightly... slightly nerdy.

I truly believe that beauty
comes from within.

I feel like young girls are told this whole idea that they have to be this kind of princess and be all delicate and fragile and that's bullshit.

Empathy, and the ability to use your imagination, should have no limits.

I'm really, genuinely disturbed by this idea that men can't cry...
They can't express themselves - they can't talk about how they actually feel.
I think that's actually the
saddest thing in the world.
How you feel, being able to express yourself, being emotional
- it's not what makes you a girl -
it's what makes you human.

As much as someone can tell you things,
you have to go out there and make your own mistakes in order to learn.

Don't feel stupid if you don't like what everyone else pretends to love.

I'm going to do what I want to do.
I'm going to be who I really am.
I'm going to figure out what that is.

There is nothing wrong with being afraid.
It's not the absence of fear;
it's overcoming it.
Sometimes you've got to blast
through and have faith.

Be what you want to be
and prove them wrong.

In my moments of doubt,
I've told myself firmly:
If not me, who?
If not now, when?

There's nothing interesting about looking perfect - you lose the point.
You want what you're wearing to say something, about who you are.

Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like, I promise.

All I can do is follow my instincts,
because I'll never please everyone.

Girls should never be afraid to be smart.

I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself.