Loving Bittersweet Chapter 13

"What was that?" I ask as I cling to Draco's hand. We were walking through the house, trying to find the source of the noise we had heard. 

It was still dark, I could barely make out anything. I followed him to one of the windows and we both peer out into the night.

"Do you think its snatchers?" I ask lifting my wand.

 Draco releases my hand, "I'm not sure, stay here, I'm going to go check it out."

I watch him walk ever so slowly towards the door, then as quietly as he could he opens it and peers outside.

He walks on out into the front yard. I watch through the window as he checks the parameter of the spell we had used to protect the house. 

After a few seconds, I see his silhouette coming back.

I begin making my way towards the door, wanting to meet him.

"I didn't see anything, maybe it was just a animal or," he voice stopps just as we hear another shout. Draco went still, his eyes wide.

"Draco," I whisper, too much fear had taken over me to speak any louder. I watched as he fell silently to the floor.

I look up and see hooded figures surrounding the house.

"No!" I shout knowing exactly who they were, the Deatheaters.

I lift my wand but before a spell could escape my lips, the Deatheater that was close to me shouts, "Expelliarmus!"

My wand goes flying. I dive for it but before I could reach it someone grabs me by my shoulders, pining me to the floor..

"Let me go!" I shout as I struggle to break free of their grasp. They roll me over and shake me violently.

"Stop, let me go!" I scream.

"Leianna," I hear them say.

"Let go!"

"Leianna, wake up!"

I struggled on as the world began to change. I fight as they keep yelling my name. "Leianna!"  My eyes snap open and I grip onto the person in front of me.

Now holding to my shoulders, with a worried look across his face, was Draco.

"Leianna, are you all right?"

I look around the room, seeing a small hint of light coming from the window. Daylight was breaking, and the storm was over. "It was a dream," I say to myself.

"What?" 

"It was just a dream," I repeat in relief. I push his hands from my shoulders and sit up.

"I dreamed we had been located and the Deatheaters were here," I explain to him.

I push my hair out of my face and let out a frustrated breath.

"It wouldn't be that quick or easy for them to already locate us," Draco states trying to sound assuring.

"Really?" I ask turning to look to him, "You honestly believe that?"

"We are just two people, two of many that fled," he replied, "Besides we have the charms on the house."

I snort and throw back the cover. I needed to get out of this bed, to release any remnant of that nightmare from my head. I stand up and make my way across the room.

"Where are you going?" Draco asks me.

"To take a shower."

"Want me to join?"  I turn and he had a playful smile on his face.