Loving Bittersweet Chapter 21 Part 2

I didn't know what to say. My mother ran between John and I with a fear ridden look on her face.

"You two cannot fight each other like this, " she tells us.

"He made his choice, as did you mum," I tell her,"I will not be on Voldemort's side."

"And I cannot betray him," John states, "You were there, he said she cannot live. "

"You will not kill my daughter! " she screams at him.

"You know we canno...." he was cut off by fight that had began near us. Two death eaters were throwing spells my way. My mother draws out her wand and begins fighting along side me, leaving John shocked and immobile.

Just as I was beginning to enjoy my mother at my side, begin remembering all the sweet memories we had, it was cut short. From behind her, a spell had been casted, a spell that I knew would cause me to lose my mother forever, just when I had finally gotten her back.

I turn to my mother you just held a shocked expression before her knees buckled and she hit the ground. I snap my head in the direction of the shot. I did not know who the man was, but he smiled at me, smiled then turned to smoke.

I look back to my mother who was staring blankly at the sky, no emotion in her, lifless.

I wanted to cry, but it had not sunk in, it was as if my mind was being blocked by the rage I felt.

Then I remembered John. I look to him just as he falls to his knees,"No, please. You can't die! " he yells as he grasps my mother's body.

"Come back, Ann please," he says.

"You know she isn't, " I tell him, "She's dead John, because of this stupid war, because of the side you chose. She didn't want it, can't you see that. She wanted to be on my side, on the side of good, and look what happened one of your own killed her. "

"You can lay there crying, or you can help me find the guy who killed her, " I tell him, hoping he would now join my side.

He mutters something under his breath, a name perhaps, then smoke engulfed him.

He was going after the man who killed my mother. I looked back to her body and that's when it set in. I had just lost my mother completely. I will never here her voice or hear her calling my name. I would never get to tell her how much I love her and miss what we use to have.

I fell to her side, tears now streaming down my face. "Mom," I say quietly, "I'm so sorry, I love you mom, " I tell her, sputtering out words.

"Leianna," someone says drawing my attention away from my mother.

Draco stood in front of me, shock crossing his face. "Lieanna I..."

I was already standing and my arms going around him before he could get the next word out.

He wraps hours arms around me, and kisses my cheek, "it's okay, " he tells me.

"She was fighting the deatheaters," I tell him, "she chose to help me. "

"That's good, " he replies. I see his eyes look past me "Leianna."

"I'm ready, " I tell him as I grip my wand tight in my hand.

He breaks the embrace and lifts his wand. I step to his side ready to fight.